DS #3013: futureU - The Prep Game For SAT (USA)

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell comes up with a 'game' like this
unsure.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the SAT is still very much real.

edit: It's main competition, ACT, is gaining popularity really fast, and some liberal arts colleges don't require SAT anymore, but SAT is still required by some colleges and very readily available.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@DS_USER_997 UK SATs and USA SATs are entirely different exams. Other people wondering SATS in the UK appear at years 2, 6 and 9 (6-7, 10-11 and 13-14 years old respectively), SATs in the US are as Covarr says college (more or less a synonym to university) entry exams.

Back on topic if I were a release group/Square enix I would have a serious urge to be a bastard and "tweak" some of the answers.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm going to try this tonight, and hopefully it will have some interesting content... I don't even know what those SATs REALLY are, except some text and such like you just described FAST6191, but since I'm in my 3rd year in University, Maybe this could be something good to refresh my memory... like an "higher education brain training"... oh well, only after testing it I'll be able to make some judgment on it...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Woulda been nice to have this when I was in high school. I studied for it somewhat and got good scores. ~2000 out of the 2200 the new system used. They have changed the scoring again since though haven't they?

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I took the SAT back in the ol' days and got 800/720 English/Math. No writing section at that point but I would have smoked that assuming they can read my handwriting
unsure.gif

I don't think games like this will help most students. Nothing beats comprehension of the subject matter. I took a class (free!) covering grammar and after a few weeks I was spotting errors all over standard printed media. I lost much of the ins and outs of grammar since my head is focused on engineering rather than English these days but picking up a grammar book would do kids a world better than playing a simple game.

Seeing the grammar people use on the web makes me want to stab myself with an ice pick.

As for math/physics...find a friend/teacher and go over all the basics. Kids seem to sneak by with gaping holes in their skills, teachers don't give a damn anymore. Sit down and think about your weaknesses and attack them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Chances are, if you give a sh*t about the test, you have the will to be successful in the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro