DS #2938: Goosebumps HorrorLand (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played through some of it, and most of the mini games are well made, though not all of them are my taste. The roller coaster one, though, is fun as hell. Don't like the fact that you have to get a certain number of "frights" before unlocking other minis, `cause again, they're not all fun to me.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Man the books aren't crap!! They were great, I used to love reading them when I was 10. We used to compete with each other at school about who has read the most lol.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just played some more of it, and I think some folks will be surprised at the amount of shallow fun this game offers. You'll have to complete the second part of the park to get the point where you realize there's something here worth playing, which is something most folks likely won't be willing to do, but so far, it's pretty good.

The Six Flags game had a similar premise, but the minis kind of sucked. This, though, is well made.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I was half expecting 'Player beware, you're in for a scare!' on the boxart.
wtf.gif
I used to enjoy the TV show and books when I was little. I'll try this out after COD5.
biggrin.gif

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah they were good. I liked the "pick your own path" books, where based on your decisions it would either further the story for you or you would die. (I would cheat though lol)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urg, I hated these books, even when I was a kid....

pitoui said:
Haha yeah they were good. I liked the "pick your own path" books, where based on your decisions it would either further the story for you or you would die. (I would cheat though lol)

That is nothing really innovative in books, I used to love the fighting fantasy and lone wolf book series when I was a kid which were probably the first to do such a thing.

jessew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nobody has mentioned the fact that nobody have even thought of goosebumps in years. It's for kids, so it's too bad that all the people who were into goosebumps are grown up now...

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
jessew said:
nobody has mentioned the fact that nobody have even thought of goosebumps in years. It's for kids, so it's too bad that all the people who were into goosebumps are grown up now...

yup.. never heard of it b4..

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit this game is really fun!

It reminds me of the PC game hehehe.

I still find it hilarious how those kids think that the "Horrors" are just costumes...

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Im a primary school teacher and can state for a fact that goosebump books are still one of the most popular books in our library and we have a very good library that is updated with all the new books.
Not sure what their sales figures are like these days but they are still getting read.

tokyotenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried this game and it's freaking fun, those who are into rpg or stuff like that would probably hate this but I think it's fun.. brings back memories of going to the carnivals, except this one is with horror theme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...