DS #2699: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Europe)

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Not liking it so far... To me it's just your average RPG with well-known Sonic Sprites
frown.gif

Where's that special Sonic feeling? No fast-pased action or anything! I'm fine with some good ol' turn-based RPG, but to me this has nothing to do with Sonic at all, and frankly there are better RPGs out there.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm having the same problem as an earlier poster in that when I save, it gives a white screen and fails from there on an Acekard 2. If anyone knows how to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated. I tried the ARM7 fix, but it doesn't seem to work for this particular problem.

In any case, I managed to get it all working using YSMenu on my R4. I'm definitely seeing the movie and sound glitchiness, and I don't think it's from my MicroSD, as I've tried on both an R4 and AK2 with a 2GB Japanese Kingston and a 4GB Transcend Class 6.

I agree with previous posters, in that I can definitely see the Bioware influence, but the touchscreen-only controls are pretty weak. And there's some really choppy scrolling going on, which is weird for a Sonic game. And I'm not entirely sure the characters will be able to pull me through, Sonic has never been my favorite.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Supercard SD users, if you have slowdowns, try formatting your SD card, I got this tip from PCrep from the SC forum and it works great
yaynds.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why so many people don't like this game. I'm loving it. It has the best dialogue (maybe even story) of any DS game I have ever played. It has fast paced battle. No random encounters. It's a good RPG in my book. Sure the sounds are the best, but that shouldn't distract you from the core gameplay. Give the game some more time and you might enjoy it, like I do
smile.gif

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
cupajoe38 said:
I don't know why so many people don't like this game. I'm loving it. It has the best dialogue (maybe even story) of any DS game I have ever played. It has fast paced battle. No random encounters. It's a good RPG in my book. Sure the sounds aren't the best, but that shouldn't distract you from the core gameplay. Give the game some more time and you might enjoy it, like I do
smile.gif
Corrected.

Yeah, this really isn't your typical sonic game, but i find it quite fun imo. Certainly not the best, but far from the worst (rpg-wise).

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cupajoe38 said:
I don't know why so many people don't like this game. I'm loving it. It has the best dialogue (maybe even story) of any DS game I have ever played. It has fast paced battle. No random encounters. It's a good RPG in my book. Sure the sounds are the best, but that shouldn't distract you from the core gameplay. Give the game some more time and you might enjoy it, like I do
smile.gif
There is a story?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
making money aka rings in this game is not that easy. enemies dont drop it and you're suppose to sell your drops you get from enemies but you still dont get enough $. =/

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have save-problems. When I save my game, everything seems to be ok. Savegame is listed correctly when I want to overwirte it. But when I restart the DS and want to load the game, it's not existant or, in my second try, i had an old save, what was overwritten maybe 10 times... Any idea?

I use a SCDSOne v1. Maybe it detects the Savefile-Size wrong? What filesize does the game need? I will try to format my game und will try the ARM7-fix now, but since the ARM7-problem has other effects like whitescreen and not "false saving" i'm not very confident...

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cupajoe38 said:
smile.gif

If they can somehow get rid of that pesky 'DDR minigame' when activating super moves, it would be an alrite game lol
this game is unplayable for me coz I sux at rhythm based game -> i can't even heal myself using tail's skill, and my super moves always missed
wacko.gif

in elite beat agents, i cant even pass tutorial stage @_@ lmao

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Argh. suxt2bu when it comes to the timing thing Aerowalk. There are some, what are they cahos? That make you automatically pass. I'd trade you mine but I'm without net atmo. (I'm in a cafe.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work