DS #2699: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Europe)

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Incomplete said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
i have never like sonic games, as all u do is run round and jump and collect stuff..lol

is there something i am missing, or are sonic games lame?

i have never like mario games, as all u do is run round and jump and collect stuff..lol

is there something i am missing, or are mariogames lame?

same no?

anyway, this game is pretty fun ^^ only up to chapter 2 though >_>

how the hell did mario come in here ..lol...

he was just commenting on the fact that your avatar and sig are from mario which is a game where you also "run around jump and collect suff", much like sonic games which you do not like for some odd reason...

on topic, this game is starting to grow on me it's not as bad as i originally thought but without plenty of good games out it's hard to choose which game to focus on...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG a Sonic RPG by BIOWARE!!! *starts playing with it*........ wtf ive just wasted my savings on this game im not likely to ever play again.
hate2.gif

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of talk about the ARM7 fix, but has anyone found a fix for slot-2 cards? Actually I don't know if it's all slot-2 cards, but the M3 Perfect SD isn't working, at least.

"Perfect" my ass!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd have to say this one's more for Bioware fans than Sonic fans or even JRPG fans. Like almost every other Bioware RPG, it's built on a foundation of greatness, but it also has some quirks that you can either get over or will turn you off from the experience. Personally, Jade Empire was one of my all-time favorite RPGs, and I lean more toward scoring it as IGN did. So, considering Sonic Chronicles has a lot of the same sensibilities -- albeit geared toward a younger audience -- it's a lot of fun for me. I just wish they had thought out the micro games better. Without linking the combat micro games to music, it doesn't come close to being as enjoyable as what you'd get in EBA or even Spore Creatures. But still, it's a fun-as-heck Bioware RPG. Not sure what some folks were expecting.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
Yeah, I'd have to say this one's more for Bioware fans than Sonic fans or even JRPG fans. Like almost every other Bioware RPG, it's built on a foundation of greatness, but it also has some quirks that you can either get over or will turn you off from the experience. Personally, Jade Empire was one of my all-time favorite RPGs, and I lean more toward scoring it as IGN did. So, considering Sonic Chronicles has a lot of the same sensibilities -- albeit geared toward a younger audience -- it's a lot of fun for me. I just wish they had thought out the micro games better. Without linking the combat micro games to music, it doesn't come close to being as enjoyable as what you'd get in EBA or even Spore Creatures. But still, it's a fun-as-heck Bioware RPG. Not sure what some folks were expecting.

Just touch screen controls
mad.gif

Chasing enemies that escape
mad.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Fission said:
irpacynot said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

What's the problem with touch screen controls!? They are responsive, work well.. and that way you can play the game using one hand only, much more comfortable..

It's ridiculous how people crucify this like it was the biggest sin someone could do in a game..

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
incinerator said:
Lots of talk about the ARM7 fix, but has anyone found a fix for slot-2 cards? Actually I don't know if it's all slot-2 cards, but the M3 Perfect SD isn't working, at least.

"Perfect" my ass!
Uh, the ARM7 fix works for the M3 Perfect SD, as I did the said method and I have the said flashcart.

*blinks*

m-dog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yessss i can play this game nowxthanks to curley 5959's topic on arm 7 .
I am so super gladd now
rolleyes.gif

Now that i know how it works its yusefull for other games

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Fission said:
irpacynot said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

What's the problem with touch screen controls!? They are responsive, work well.. and that way you can play the game using one hand only, much more comfortable..

It's ridiculous how people crucify this like it was the biggest sin someone could do in a game..

Just because the DS has Touchscreen it does NOT make it a required feature.
I despised it with LoZ:PH and I despise it with this too.

Standard controls would have worked JUST fine.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Fission said:
CockroachMan said:
Fission said:
irpacynot said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

I agree, just because it has a touch screen doesn't mean that you need to use it.. but if it works better with it and adds something to the game, why not use it?
tongue.gif

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
incinerator said:

"Perfect" my ass!
Uh, the ARM7 fix works for the M3 Perfect SD, as I did the said method and I have the said flashcart.

*blinks*
What Arm7 file are you using? I'm after trying several now and still wont work. Can't create save file on the opening title page.
I'm after using GameManager 36 and 36a too. Aswell as a variety of settings.
The wiki says that 4x, soft reset, force r/w and trim works but not for me. I've used DS lazy many times in the past but no arm7 file I have seems to work.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What Arm7 file are you using? I'm after trying several now and still wont work. Can't create save file on the opening title page.
I'm after using GameManager 36 and 36a too. Aswell as a variety of settings.
The wiki says that 4x, soft reset, force r/w and trim works but not for me. I've used DS lazy many times in the past but no arm7 file I have seems to work.

Do what i used to do and download the full rom all ready patched, go to mininova and type in " Sonic Chronicles " and you may just see what your looking for :;-)

paul

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Fission said:
CockroachMan said:
Fission said:
irpacynot said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

I agree, just because it has a touch screen doesn't mean that you need to use it.. but if it works better with it and adds something to the game, why not use it?
tongue.gif

I have no choice to use anything else lol - there is no alt. controls for it.
I've tried it and while 'it works', I prefer standard controls.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here