DS #2673: Dragon Quest IV (USA)

three14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
I just tested three14's SAV file on my CycloDS and I can confirm that the problem mentioned here is indeed an anti-piracy effort and not just a glitch on the R4.

If anyone can figure out how to fix this it would make the few DQ fans on this forum very happy.

I'm still hoping it's just my fault instead. Will see if I can find my save file for the Japanese version to check for anything I could have potentially missed.
hate2.gif

Edit: Tried using the same .sav on Ideas and having the same result. So unless anyone else can confirm this using their own save file, I have to consider it something I missed.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
I just tested three14's SAV file on my CycloDS and I can confirm that the problem mentioned here is indeed an anti-piracy effort and not just a glitch on the R4.

If anyone can figure out how to fix this it would make the few DQ fans on this forum very happy.
Oooo. So SquareEnix managed to pwn the Cyclo as well. This is getting juicy. *grabs popcorn*

Btw: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=45507163

Seems other people have the same problem, unless this is you.

three14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I didn't post on gamefaqs. Looks like it may not be my fault after all. Unless, of course, someone read one of my previous posts and reposted the same info elsewhere. Hopefully results from more and more people will help to clarify things.

three14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, evidently this entire time the alleged anti-piracy measures I claimed were, in fact, false. See the original thread here:

Cheap Laugh Alert!!
http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=6117&p=3#22

I apologize to everyone for possibly causing a panic. I am so embarrassed and at the same time relieved. I hope that this will provide a cheap laugh at my expense. Guess this teaches me not to jump to conclusions.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
three14 said:
Well, evidently this entire time the alleged anti-piracy measures I claimed were, in fact, false. See the original thread here:

Cheap Laugh Alert!!

I apologize to everyone for possibly causing a panic. I am so embarrassed and at the same time relieved. I hope that this will provide a cheap laugh at my expense. Guess this teaches me not to jump to conclusions.

Happens to the best of us. Try not to beat yourself up too much, Im surprised it took this long for someone to point out the error
smile.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EmperorOfCanada said:
CCNaru said:
this game sucks because there is no "NO ROMS ON GBATEMP DO NOT ASK FOR THIS FILE" message by admins on this website

what does that matter?
It matters because only the best games that everybody wants, the admins of GBATemp post that message. For example, Super Smash Bros Brawl, N+, Phoenix Wright, etc

BTW...how you doing lately CCNaru? Its been a while since XenonFansubs eh?
wink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
three14 said:

Cheap Laugh Alert!!

Happens to the best of us. Try not to beat yourself up too much, Im surprised it took this long for someone to point out the error
smile.gif

Yeah, it's not a problem. And you can't blame yourself because at least one other person came to the same conclusion as you did, and I'm sure there will be more later.

QUOTE(CCNaru @ Sep 18 2008, 12:34 PM)
this game sucks because there is no "NO ROMS ON GBATEMP DO NOT ASK FOR THIS FILE" message by admins on this website
They probably just forgot. Wouldn't be the first time the staff here screwed up.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
CCNaru said:

what does that matter?
It matters because only the best games that everybody wants, the admins of GBATemp post that message. For example, Super Smash Bros Brawl, N+, Phoenix Wright, etc

wink.gif

FYI I was asking seriously, I wasnt meaning to be a dink
smile.gif

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
CCNaru said:

what does that matter?

wink.gif

same old. how about you? saw you lurking around ndstemp too but i dont go on irc anymore so

Emperor: lol i wasnt serious :X

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Does anyone else get some pretty bad lag in some towns? (Like Mintos) D=

I do.

I didn't really read through this post today, so didn't get to comment on the Zenithia problem...although now seems to be solved. Anyways, beat the game with no problems, so seems like everything is fine.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the lag occurs on a retail cart as well.

Just beat Chapter 5 last night, level 33. Alena still kicks butt. Honestly, if it were the original NES version, I'm not sure it'd be very easy to beat it at that level. I remember getting my head handed to me at that level in the original.

In any case, I'm going to try to make progress into Chapter 6. I'm infiltrating the bonus dungeon now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1