DS #2642: Dragon Quest IV: The Chapters of the Chosen (Europe)

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
well if you dont label your roms, how would you know what you are playing? hell, this game was labeled xms-dqce. how would you know what that game is? most games are labeled with the first letter of every word in its original title from the dumper. i just name mines Dragon Quest IV DS (E).
Why label your roms when you can label folders xenophobe lol you sir are the noob not us.
oh btw most flashcarts show the Rom name instead of the file name so you lose noob

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
PedroTheLion said:
You save at the Church, It's a staple of the Dragon Quest series
wink.gif

Only on a Sunday right?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
PedroTheLion said:
You save at the Church, It's a staple of the Dragon Quest series
wink.gif

Adding to that:

The church can also cure poison and tell you how many points of Exp you need to level. It's also where you resurrect party members and lift curses.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i aint the n00b you n00b. you wont know what the file is if its in your folder on your comp until you put it in your god dam flash cart. phailz.
dqce = dragon quest yea but you didnt point out the ce. god you guys get pissed off just because you dont label your roms. btw, if you dont add the J, E, or U, how would you know what the rom is? lets say you just downloaded pokemon platinum but you renamed it to pokemon platinum. now the american version comes out and you download that. now you will either have two pokemon platinums with the same file names, overwrite the old one with the new one, or put the J and U/E.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
xshinox said:
i aint the n00b you n00b. you wont know what the file is if its in your folder on your comp until you put it in your god dam flash cart. phailz.
dqce = dragon quest yea but you didnt point out the ce. god you guys get pissed off just because you dont label your roms. btw, if you dont add the J, E, or U, how would you know what the rom is? lets say you just downloaded pokemon platinum but you renamed it to pokemon platinum. now the american version comes out and you download that. now you will either have two pokemon platinums with the same file names, overwrite the old one with the new one, or put the J and U/E.

My folders all have names.

For example, the name of the folder this is in is "2642 - Dragon Quest The Chapters of the Chosen (E)(M5)(XMS)".

Unraring something into a folder is such a strange concept...

Of course, I remove the number from the folder when it's on my Flashcart for awesome alphabeticalness.

Anyway, let's all stop the childish namecalling, shall we?

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow, nice surprise!

i was playing the J version using the language cheat.
until i got stuck here:
screen1_large297.jpg

now it's time to buy this great game + try again at that spot.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
the original release was on the Nes ! not 7 years ago but 18 years ago smile.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_IV
BTW the name in USA was translated as Dragon Warrior, and they actualy made a release in english wink.gif
wow im getting old frown.gif

i already know that
tongue.gif

but what i meant i was wanted to play it since the PSone ver. since i didn't try it on the nes (i was 8 years old back then
tongue.gif
)

anyway i played the game for 3 hours without stopping & man i didn't play an RPG this good since DQ8

imo DQ series is the best RPG series ever

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose there's any way to use the JAP save with the EUR or USA release?

I broke down and started playing DQ4 about a month and a half ago using the English cheat. The game is completely playable, but it would be nice to have a full translation with a working "immigrant town" feature.

I'm pretty far into chapter 5 already, and there's no chance in hell of me starting over.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said to the one guy before. try it. heres how to do it if you dont know. get the european version and rename your save file to the same name as the rom file. try it and report back here with the details. make a back up copy in case

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese save doesn't work.

Also, this version of the game has apparently cut out the Party Talk feature of the game. At least, it is not present in the first 2 chapters, and it WAS present in the first 2 chapters in the Japanese version of the game. I'm not sure why we have to wait months for localization only to have them CUT OUT features. What a cheat.

darkfhang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, party talk gone? Lame. I wonder if it's just a glitch and the text is in the rom somewhere? Meh, not holding my breath.

I wonder if it's just something peculiar to the EU version and if it'll be in the US version. Eh, I'll just wait another five days and see, no biggie, I got stuff to play in the meantime.

But, if they removed it, then we've been waiting 10 months for them to cut features out, fix some line breaks, and do the prologue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY