[RELEASE] Dragon Quest IV-V-VI DS Text Editor

gh0stslayr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.1.0 (Alpha)

This tool can edit the text files found in the three mainline games for the DS. Read the README file for more information.

Make sure to backup your files!

Report any bugs and issues if found.

Attachments

• DQDSTextEditor v0.1.0.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 12

Wildcard42

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is wonderful! How did you create this tool?

I guess isn't working on the other DQ games on NDS like DQMJ and DQ9, but it's technically possible to do a tool for theses games.

Anyway, contragulation again I will try soon!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.1.0 (Alpha)

This tool can edit the text files found in the three mainline games for the DS. Read the README file for more information.

Make sure to backup your files!

Report any bugs and issues if found.
Hey maybe one day this could lead to restoring the cut party chat in the English TL of IV.

gh0stslayr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wildcard42, hey thanks. This tool was created when I was trying to fix the issues with the DQIV Party Chat patch. It's meant to be an additional tool to provide a better party chat or translation. Unfortunately, the other DQ DS games (DQIX, DQMJ, DQMJ2) all use different text formatting. I'll take another look and see if I can get those working.

@Ryab, like @AmandaRose said, the party chat is available through patcher. I hope this editor will supplement their efforts to bring a clean transition moving forward.

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone could add the group chat for the EU version of the game, this tool will come in handy to translate into the different languages available in that version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1