DS #2624: Spore Creatures (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok got back into this, spent like another hour just doing stuff.

Nothing amazing but its a solid game thats for sure and better than most releases.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kamakazie said:
noONE said:
Hit said:
I don't know why they want to make spore as big as The Sims
Because I hate it it's no fun it looks stupid and it just sucks
Maybe fun if you are 2 years old MAYBE

So.. you've played Spore already..?

The game's been out since yesterday.

The Creature Creator has been out for months

wackygoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
good one but pc is much better ofc.. cuz it have all of the stages...

the ds is good if you arent in your home and have nothing to do

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Kamakazie said:
noONE said:
Hit said:

The PC version has been leaked for a couple of days too. I have it but waiting to repair my good PC.

Can't wait though.

*rocks back and forth*

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game that I care less about based off a game that I don't even care about. Should have made a Sims home designer and decorator, at least that would have marginally been more entertaining.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
Whizz said:
Kamakazie said:
noONE said:
Hit said:

The PC version has been leaked for a couple of days too. I have it but waiting to repair my good PC.

Can't wait though.

*rocks back and forth*

I have it already
tongue.gif

I have seen only the two first phases and it's fun, but I don't think it will be a big hit like The Sims.. I think it's too complicated to the public used to The Sims, each phase is very unique, like a totally different game.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Whizz said:
Kamakazie said:
noONE said:
Hit said:

yeah.. i knew that, i guess i missunderstood this part; "Because I hate it it's no fun it looks stupid and it just sucks" i picked it up as "it looks stupid and boring -pass"

well, everyone can't like everything.

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Eek, it's hard to manage a good looking creature! Dunno why my monster has 4 eyes and 2 pairs of arms, if you care only of the power it becomes too hard to control
wtf.gif

The Mole

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you only attack by slashing? I cant seam to find any other way to cause damage, which is a great shame as you have to be close to the enemy leaving yourself open to damage at the same time.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this knowing it wouldn't be anything like the PC version, and wasn't expecting such. To my surprise, it was actually very fun. While the Creature Editor is nowhere near as powerful as the PC one, it's still fun to fiddle around with your creature, and there are MANY parts you can use. The story is pretty humorous too. And asides from following the main mission objectives, there's also a lot to do on the side and badges to unlock and etc. There's just so much to do. The only thing I dislike about it, is that the combat is a bit too simple. It might get better when I find more Bio-Force though. Can't wait to try Wi-fi and get some of my friend's creatures into the game.

_Unmei_ said:
Judging by screenies and other people's comments, you don't get to start out as a microorganism huh?
Nope, the game starts off with an UFO invasion. You immediately hatch from your egg and attempt to escape. Your very first form is a larva-like creature called an Oogie and from what I've seen the entire game takes place more or less on land.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Unmei_ said:
Judging by screenies and other people's comments, you don't get to start out as a microorganism huh?

Nah, it's much more simplified, and it's also a bit weird because your creature talks (in text form) right off the bat. It's got a very light-hearted feel, but it's still a pretty cool game so far. A little quirky in terms of how the game walks you through the basics, but a quick once over of the tutorials helps quite a bit.

Personally, I like it, but it doesn't quite offer the level of freedom I was expecting. Now, of course, I knew it was going to be a very different game from Spore PC, but I wasn't expecting something quite as linear as what seems to be here. Still, they've implemented some really fun ideas, albeit ideas that have been done before, but stuff like the EBA-inspired dance segments are good fun, and they're short so you appreciate doing them each time. The combat seems a bit brutal to start out with and it's easy for your creature to get poned quickly.

Still...it's fun. I'll definitely be giving it the full once through, but it's too bad this and Viva Pinata are out at the same time. Too much mental competition for me. They're both games I've really been looking forward to, so far as the DS is concerned.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww i really like it :]
its really cute and gives you the freedom to roam (with goals in mind) and to create youre own creature. yays

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I feel like an idiot, but can anybody run by me how combat works?

I'm at the part near the beginning where you get the "heal" power and have to rescue those little red guys. I go to the guy I have to fight, it says in my creature creator that I have attack power, but my creature WON'T ATTACK. I've tried clicking, swiping, whatever, he just sits there and gets his ass kicked. Are there certain parts that you can't attack with? What am I doing wrong here?

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
its like slashing across the enemy with your stylus i think
well, at least thats what i do and it works

ah cool, that's working for me...i don't know why it wasn't doing it before...i guess because it takes a second to register so you have to continuously do it

thanks!

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm kinda disapointed but maybe because I got the impression that the game would be a little different. But it's a good time killer so why bother whining
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At least the 20 you can add MicroSD up to 1TB lol