Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
cubin' said:
Spore isn't for everyone but I'm sure everyone can at least appreciated what they accomplished with the pc version.
I don't want to be rude but what exactly did they "accomplish" with the PC version besides the biggest legal-customer-fuckup DRM drama in history?

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
concealed identity said:
What do you get for completing those extra challenges? I didn't win the race because I didn't have legs that were fast enough, and the throwing mechanic didn't work out so well for me (I kept missing trees and restarting the challenge took way too long), so I just skipped them
unsure.gif

Well, most of the rewards in the game will be body parts, but sometimes you'll get a brain power-up, which levels up your intelligence (I wish I could find a few of those in real life
nyanya.gif
).
Later on you can also get Planet badges from the sidequests, if you want to collect them. The throwing mechanics really weren't too hard for me to figure out. The thing is, the game does things in a really bizarre way. It has a tendency to introduce new elements, then doesn't explain them until maybe 2-3 areas AFTER it has been introduced.

Anyways, I have just beat it! Now to collect everything I missed.
sleep.gif
Oh, and beat the final boss the OTHER way.

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got confused with attacking at first, but there's a tutorial that u can view after pressing start in the game. Love the graphics though and its interesting.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dragonlord said:
cubin' said:
Spore isn't for everyone but I'm sure everyone can at least appreciated what they accomplished with the pc version.
I don't want to be rude but what exactly did they "accomplish" with the PC version besides the biggest legal-customer-fuckup DRM drama in history?

Nvm dragonlord. go back to the cave wence you came! it's obviously not a game for you, i understand you enjoy pages full of stats.

hrm i've bought the game and didn't notice any DRM? apart from the usual.

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spore: Creatures - a really good game; almost Great, but hindered by basic mistakes

I've just finished the main campaign, and I must say this game could have been a real gem. It's close, but feels a tad undercooked and the fact that it's almost great is kind of irritating.

I didn't play the PC version, nor plan to, so this was my only insight into Spore. Making your own character is super cool, and the paper mario perspective isn't as annoying as you might think. The goals on each level are set up in a very Spyro (circa original PSX) with 3-D levels and various goals that you can tackle. Some goals are optional, which is nice, while others can be done out of order.

Collecting parts and planet tokens is fun, and assembling my character, ala Drawn to Life, is a great DS specific mechanic. But sometimes part collecting seemed random. I didn't always know why I had been awarded something, or how to get those elusive last parts or tokens on a given island.

After replaying the first world a second time, I had found 111 of 122 (?!?) parts and 9 out of ten world tokens. But as the level is broken into episodes, you have to play all six episodes in order, complete every goal again, and hope you don't move to the next episode having missed a piece. Some parts can only be found by killing/loving certain creatures, but you never know which missing pieces come from where, so you're just killing/loving everything you see, hoping for some love in return.

Returning to collect said parts and unlockable bonuses would have been more fun if the replay mode had been set up so I could freeplay previously completed lands just to get the parts I needed, and not have to replay each world from scratch.

A lot of bitching, I know, but if you're hard core, collect-em-all, this is an almost busted prospect, as even a bunch of locked features don't give hints as to how they can be unlocked, even after finishing the game. That aside, the game is really amusing, and a throw back to the original Spyro days I miss so much. Still waiting for that one to show up on the DS in its original PSX form.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
cubin' said:
Dragonlord said:
cubin' said:

Nvm dragonlord. go back to the cave wence you came! it's obviously not a game for you, i understand you enjoy pages full of stats.

hrm i've bought the game and didn't notice any DRM? apart from the usual.
Two posts above did already answer your question. I'm not saying this because I'm "living in a cave" ( I dare to say that I know more about game mechanics, game design, DRM situation in todays game developement and so forth than you ) but because it is a real issue which has been also criticized a lot. Besides this I'm just "objective" so my question still stands: What does Spore bring new to the table which is not copy-n-paste with glue in between?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I meant that since you're a dragon you live in a cave..not that you acually 'live in a cave' so to speak.

What does Spore bring new to the table which is not copy-n-paste with glue in between?

Absolutely nothing. The glue is what makes it grand. Have you played through all of it? the scale is amazing.

the creature creator is a feat in itself...what other games let any idiot make whatever they want then animates it flawlessly on-the-fly..surely you can appreciate that.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am liking this game, but I am in Region: Zager, and I only have one goal left which is to

'Return Skuzzalope Sporeling to Nest'

And I've found the Skuzzalope but where the frigging hell do I take him! If I take him to my main nest, nothing happens, same with the 2 other conquered nests, and there is no where else to take him on the small island.

According to the only faq on gamefaqs, I'll:

"...easily find the sporeling, which you should take back to the proper place, before pressing the egg that comes out of his head."

Which I'm sure you'll all agree makes no sense whatsoever.
Anyone got the answer?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
look at your top screen (the map)... it'll have icons on where you should be heading... haven't made it that far into the game yet, but I did notice that... gotta show some love to the top screen!

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i did, it shows the red circle where the sporeling thing is, but once I pick him up, it doesn't tell me where to go
someone please help it is driving me insane
cry.gif

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
look at your top screen (the map)... it'll have icons on where you should be heading... haven't made it that far into the game yet, but I did notice that... gotta show some love to the top screen!
To hatch a Sporeling you carry it to it's proper nest(Since it's a Skuzzalope Sporeling you take it to a Skuzzalope Nest.) You then Throw it into it's nest. It will stay there and an egg icon will appear over it's head. Click on the egg and it will crawl to an empty hatching slot and be born in the same way you do. Make sure the Skuzzalope Nest is either Conquered or Befriended.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
cubin' said:
I meant that since you're a dragon you live in a cave..not that you acually 'live in a cave' so to speak.
Oh... okay... incorrect either though ( mostly forest dwellers
tongue.gif
).

QUOTE said:
Absolutely nothing. The glue is what makes it grand. Have you played through all of it? the scale is amazing.
Bored me to death so it did not last long. I had more fun with the piñatas to be honest
biggrin.gif

the creature creator is a feat in itself...what other games let any idiot make whatever they want then animates it flawlessly on-the-fly..surely you can appreciate that.
It's in fact not "that" difficult. It just requires a proper rig setup and allowing multiple meshes to be attached to the same rig ( blender does it, my engine can do it, many other engines can do it ). The key is just that in your conventional games you do not need that much of customization. So having this doesn't really qualify as a feature after all. That's now spoken from a technical point of view.

xyz1

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
I think I'm at around the same area. I'm in the Noodlin region, and I've defeated the Bully and befriended all the Bushleys. It was when I had to do the rock-throwing goal that I decided to put it down for a while and try Viva Pinata. Now, I do intend on coming back to Spore Creatures, but if I can't discover ways to properly perform the challenges the game throws at me, I won't waste any more time with it, either.

Yo irpacynot! I've just got there too but I'm having a real hard time befriending the Bushleys. Could you please tell me how you did that.

TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: GBAtemp has a door bell?