CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Wasn't this game announced just some weeks ago? Wasn't expecting it so soon..

What the hell is it anyway!?
wtf.gif

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Surprisingly fun...got good 3D action going on for the first level
yaynds.gif

I've not played much more, but it's better than half the movie cash-in games
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a fully true 3D DS game? No top-down stuff or anything? If anyone has any screens of the DS game in action, I'd appreciate it. My DS is broken and I'll not be getting a new one for at least another week.

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CockroachMan said:
Wasn't this game announced just some weeks ago? Wasn't expecting it so soon..

Maybe when you want to make a movie game (or any bad game for that matter) there is a surcharge, and then all you do is give them a couple pictures of what your game should have in it, and it pumps out a game

Of course, if even one person says its not that bad, I have to at least give it a try.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Who can resist such a cute game?
tongue.gif

I've played through the second level, and I must say that it's a level or two above most of this movie cash-in shovelware crap. It's a 2D sidescroller for the most part. For some reason, this monkey can do a crazy ball-up attack (that's similar to Sonic) to kill enemies. You get three hearts a life, and you can randomly find hearts around the level if you run low. The level wasn't very hard, just kind of long.
Since the levels are long, the music can get a tad annoying repeating itself over and over again (even though the random monkey sounds are kind of funny).

So, meh, it's an alright game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a touch boring, was expecting much worse as they publisher didn't bother showing any media of it.

Children will probably like it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's surprisingly good, I think, and challenging. The first level I played seemed to flow similarly to one of the Shin`en platformers, but the mechanics and level design are a lot more interesting. They ripped wall jumping right out of Mario, but hell, if you're gonna steal someone's ideas, steal from the best; it's implemented very well, too. The attacking is also very fun.

The visuals are technically attractive but lack imagination. Still, it's a good-looking game, for the most part. I'm probably going to play through it. The challenge of the platforming has gotten my attention; let's see if the rest of the game can keep it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I want this floormat!