Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Citric said:
warbird said:
Citric said:
jos7960 said:
Anyone with an R4... Just sell it on ebay or something.
People will give you enough money for it to buy a flashcard from a team thats not dead.
I love how the moment one game doesn't work on the R4 the team is dead and it's the end of the line and everyone should jump ship and buy something else.

And then generally in a week there's a compatibility fix and everything works fine, and all the panic and doom was for naught.

It'd make sense if this didn't happen every single time the thing has a compatibility problem, but I'm not about to get concerned any time soon. And frankly, if it's truly dead, I'll just buy more games.

Except non-working games are beginning to stack up, and its been so long, I dont even remember when the last update was.
Mid-April, so 3 months. I haven't had a problem since then, until this, obviously.

You haven't, but there were people who have problems with it. There are 4 games that doesn't work right now, that I can name right out of my head.

1. Daigaso 2
2. This, but works only with the cheat
3. The new Hulk
4. Some shitty shovelware (Some guy's daughter wanted to play it, but it didn't work, so he asked around here)

Other than that, there were quite a few other numerous compatibility issues lately.

Also, 3 months isn't just a "few weeks". It's been a while since the last update, and at least they could fix some small issues. But no, they didn't. They could've fixed at least one game, but nothing.

There was a person that said the same thing early last month. He said "They'll come up with a new firmwares and stuff to fix everything by next week". But did it ever come? No.

You get my point.

alucardleon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, upload the usrcheat.dat o CHEAT.dat with nanashi no game cheat, please.

cry.gif

Cyprene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if I was unclear.
It makes the game fully playable as far as I can tell; I'm not DONE with it but I've been playing a good hour.

And yes, I patched the firmware.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Anyone got to the part where
You have to run from the murderous SALARYMAN, seen from the perspective of the little girl getting home? I seem to get to the room where I came in through the window but I can't seem to be able to get out that way and the ghost EATS THE HELL OUT OF ME O.o

zelda1899

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone worked on a tranlation patch for this game yet? Im trying to learn Japo, but Im not the smartest whip in the shed.....

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kitehimuro said:
Anyone got to the part where
You have to run from the murderous SALARYMAN, seen from the perspective of the little girl getting home? I seem to get to the room where I came in through the window but I can't seem to be able to get out that way and the ghost EATS THE HELL OUT OF ME O.o

Hehe I'm at that part too!

Is it just me or isn't he moving ? He always stands at the same position.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Nah, he does move, take too long in a room and you're subject to a very SPIRITual OM NOM NOM NOM. I presume the little girl cannot climb out of the window, but that's the only "unlocked" way to go so the solution must be in that room

Edit:
Seems you CAN get out through the window, it's just somewhat wonky when recognizing the click

tuod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprene said:
I can confirm that the cheat works on R4, at least to the point of getting to the boot screen.
I fixed my problem by going to http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.html and DLing and running the patcher,
as well as deleting my old DS Menu.sys file. I suggest that anybody else having issues try this as well.

I patched my firmware using the one one that site and it made my DS menu in Japanese.. Started up the game and it still didn't work. I'm guessing I missed a step here? Please help. I really want to try out this game. Thanks!

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Endgame

Timer will start, and you'll have to run along the road, touching the statues, letting the ghost touch you and then the game will launch and you'll have to listen what they have to say in-game ( timer stops when you're in the game ). When you reach the group of three statues you'll have to touch ALL of them, and the last one's kind of a jerk, walking behind the fence for a while. The SALARYMAN only needs to be touched and you'll be put ingame immidiately. After that go to the bench and start up the game manually. After that it's quite straight forward, talk to all of the ghosts ingame

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
No announcements on an english version yet.. but it's been some time since I saw a Japan exclusive S-E game.. even TWEWY that had tons of japanese culture references had an US release. I don't see why this wouldn't..

We should be getting this game in english next year
tongue.gif

TWEWY came out in Europe first, then America, then Japan. Just a heads-up.

As for everyone's problems with the R4, I'm having none, as I have a CycloDS. I actually wanted my flashcart to work when I bought it, and not have to:

1. Complain every five minutes when a game doesn't work.
2. Apply a patch every 3 days to stay current.
3. Try to find someone to complain to, as there is little if any support.

I'm just sick and tired of people complaining about stuff not working on the R4. You did your research before you bought your flashcart, and if you didn't, you're more stupid than I realised. You obviously didn't care about support from the developers, and opted out for the cheaper option.

And now you're getting screwed. This seem familiar? It happens almost every time you take the cheap route out. You get what you pay for, especially in the world of piracy homebrew.

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm very happy with my R4DS as long as patches and game fixes keep coming along. It's a pain in the ass, but I just wait, and use google to try and figure stuff out for myself. I couldn't find any good, easy, detailed explanation on how to get nanashi no game to work on my R4DS, so I googled, and read, and googled, and read some more, then i downloaded a bunch of stuff, and tinkered, and did some hands on experimentation, and finally....at long freakin' last!!!! I got the game to work lolz! So I'm going to attempt to help fellow noobs out:

First of all, go to the official R4DS website, download the latest firmware which is 1.18. Once you're all updated, go to the link in this post: "I can confirm that the cheat works on R4, at least to the point of getting to the boot screen.
I fixed my problem by going to http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.html and DLing and running the patcher,
as well as deleting my old DS Menu.sys file. I suggest that anybody else having issues try this as well.
" and download the R4Custom.

I suggest extracting the contents into a new folder, you know, just to keep tidy and organized. Then load up your micro-sd card on your PC, make a copy of the _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.SYS files and keep them someplace safe. Then delete the _DS_MENU.SYS file from your micro SD card. Copy your _DS_MENU.DAT file into the folder where the R4Custom is. Open the R4Custom application, and since you copied your _DS_MENU_DAT file into the same folder, it should already be selected, so check all the boxes, then hit PATCH. with THAT Done, Paste the new _DS_MENU.DAT file onto the micro-sd card. Next, go here: http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html and download the R4cce cheat code editor, in my personal opinion the one on the official R4DS website sux. Once you have downloaded the r4cce, extract into its own folder, then make a copy of the nanashi no game rom, and your cheat.dat file and put it in the r4cce folder.

Now open up the R4cce application, Go to File>Open>cheat.dat. Click the Add Game button, put this in the game title box: 2421 - Nanashi no Game (J) Then, under the Game ID box, click the ... button(the three dot button). Choose the nanashi no game rom. Check the Game Enable box, click the add code button, give the code a name, input this code:
102701A6 00002300
020701A8 E0016003
Check the Code Enable box. Now go to File>Save. then exit the program. Lastly copy the new cheat.dat file into your R4DS system folder on your micro-sd card, and the rom onto your card as well.

At least for myself, this worked 100% the game now loads for me, and i can play it. Although I do not know Japanese, if you use your brain and a little common sense, you can figure out what to do on some hard parts in the game, one hint would be that in some cases, whatever you do in the cheap glitchy game in game, you can do in the real world. For example, I'm in the subway, Every time i walk into a new subway car, it always says I'm still in car 4. When you have to go back into the 2-d game, you have to find your way out of an endless walk apparently. Choose the paths where you see um....colorful flowers lol. Eventually you go back into the real world, and as you're walking through the subway cars, look to the doors that also lead off. You'll see colorful flowers painted, take those exits.

anyways, i hope this helps those still trying to figure out how to get this game to work on your R4DS, if this still doesn't work for you, then you're out of luck because i don't have anymore answers, this was my personal last resort, and it worked for me, and saved me $50+ dollars from buying a CycloDS lol! Which I'll eventually buy anyways....At ease soldiers!!

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
You take the first step UP, and then you're AHEAD of her. RUN. If she gets withing one tile distance of you, OM NOM NOM NOM ensues. Dunno what she does since she's not a ghost, I presume rape XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0