DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fkusumot said:
Dacvak said:
Is there a way to convert original Band Bros user created songs to BBDX songs?

Anyone?

~Dac

Yes. Something called BBDXTOOL. There was an explanation and some links earlier in the thread.

The links don't work. Do you have any fresh links?

~Dac

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know how to rename a user-created song ? The first game didn't let you much space name but here you can have up to 3 lines, so I'd like to rename my songs to their complete title.
But after I've entered a new name, I click save, but then it goes back to the original name...
Anyone knows ?
unsure.gif

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like the number of download songs is fast nearing 300... It's going to be unbelievably huge at this rate, I can't believe the limit is only 100. Once there are 300, can someone update the pre-loaded saves so that the third one is complete?

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo!! I finished my first Band Bros DX song!!

I just finished my Big Blue (from F-Zero) remix. I uploaded the song on YouTube (with the Drum part showing). I want to add it to Nintendo's servers, but I can't figure out how. Too much Japanese involved. If someone figures it out, let me know so everyone can download it.

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ok4ZELvhc

~Dac

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yummy said:
Impossible said:
Once there are 300, can someone update the pre-loaded saves so that the third one is complete?

Not possible anymore....You should buy a copy!
wink.gif

I already have, I just want to be able to play songs before I risk wasting my download slots.

Why isn't it possible anymore? How was it done before?

gunsharp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This 100 download limit thing is a really lowball way of forcing consumers to buy more than one copy of the same game...not that I bought it. I can just imagine how hesitant I would be in downloading new songs since there are good new ones coming out everyday.

k0sm0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
that's because you can't anyhow add songs to the database, have to determine whether the rights allows them to upload into the database... and since this is something like stealing songs, they added the 100 download limit to limit it...

weirdly nintendo seems to disallow the use of their songs for ALL instances.. technically that would not allow you to upload nintendo's compositions into the server, which does not happen since it's nintendo's own game after all.. looks like you have to ignore the database for nintendo's songs anyway...

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k0sm0s said:
that's because you can't anyhow add songs to the database, have to determine whether the rights allows them to upload into the database... and since this is something like stealing songs, they added the 100 download limit to limit it...

weirdly nintendo seems to disallow the use of their songs for ALL instances.. technically that would not allow you to upload nintendo's compositions into the server, which does not happen since it's nintendo's own game after all.. looks like you have to ignore the database for nintendo's songs anyway...

Whaaaa? Nintendo disallows use of their songs? Why? Are you positive of this?

~Dac

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or it's more like ONLY JASRAC songs/music are allow to be submitted (ie every songs/music created in Japan except most video game music).

And since most Nintendo songs/music isn't JASRAC'ed and JASRAC themselves are providing the service, you cannot submit/upload Nintendo songs/music.

JASRAC is like the RIAA here in US. o.o

k0sm0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Lookie401 said:
Or it's more like ONLY JASRAC songs/music are allow to be submitted (ie every songs/music created in Japan except most video game music).

And since most Nintendo songs/music isn't JASRAC'ed and JASRAC themselves are providing the service, you cannot submit/upload Nintendo songs/music.

JASRAC is like the RIAA here in US. o.o

actually most of nintendo's music are on JASRAC.. that's how i found out that they don't allow their music for any use.. however, i see several earthbound songs submitted by users..

there will also be no namco music since namco specifically disallowed Download of their music (what a waste since there won't be any idolmasters songs)

also, i can't find any capcom's music on jasrac database though..

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k0sm0s said:
actually most of nintendo's music are on JASRAC.. that's how i found out that they don't allow their music for any use.. however, i see several earthbound songs submitted by users..

there will also be no namco music since namco specifically disallowed Download of their music (what a waste since there won't be any idolmasters songs)

Well, k0sm0s, since you obviously have a better handle on this than I do, can you assist me in putting my F-Zero song onto Nintendo's servers?

~Dac

k0sm0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dacvak said:
k0sm0s said:

Well, k0sm0s, since you obviously have a better handle on this than I do, can you assist me in putting my F-Zero song onto Nintendo's servers?

~Dac

hmm ok i need the name of the song, so i can tell you the code for the J-WID code

darrenwongster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Of course you can't download with dstt-generated saves. Nintendo is now checking ids against their database. Only real cartridges can download atm. If you are able to dump the save of your cartridge and use it on dstt, it should download fine, however noone has made the appropriate tool to do that yet.
Ferrariman: I said it supports 8mb saves and that is a fact.

Firstly, a big "Thank You" to RanmaFreak who acted fast enough to DL the 1st 221 songs before Nitendo shuts us off again.

I tried using the 8mb SAV file uploaded by RanmaFreak on a DSTT using the latest V1.13. But its still not working. I can only see the original 31 songs instead of the 131 avalable on my R4. Anyone else able to see all 131 songs using RanmaFreak's 8mb SAV file on a DSTT?

atm, none has found a way to dump a save file from an actual game cartridge right? I tried dumping the game ROM from an original DX cartridge using Rudolp's "NDS Backup Tool Wifi 0.31f" but despite 3 attempts, there always appears an error message saying that the dumping process failed. I still ended up with a dumped 64.0 MB (67,108,864 bytes) ROM. Are there any other updated "Dumping application" that can dump the game ROM successfully?

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
darrenwongster said:
I tried using the 8mb SAV file uploaded by RanmaFreak on a DSTT using the latest V1.13. But its still not working. I can only see the original 31 songs instead of the 131 avalable on my R4. Anyone else able to see all 131 songs using RanmaFreak's 8mb SAV file on a DSTT?

atm, none has found a way to dump a save file from an actual game cartridge right? I tried dumping the game ROM from an original DX cartridge using Rudolp's "NDS Backup Tool Wifi 0.31f" but despite 3 attempts, there always appears an error message saying that the dumping process failed. I still ended up with a dumped 64.0 MB (67,108,864 bytes) ROM. Are there any other updated "Dumping application" that can dump the game ROM successfully?

DSTT v1.13 works perfectly for me
blink.gif
Both downloaded songs and custom songs work fine.

It seems that no one has made the appropriate tool to dump a 8mb save. Well, actually I think even if Rudolph made one, he will be reluctant to release it because it might be used in piracy.

Earthdweller

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd post my disaster for your entertainment.

Ordered BBDX from Play Asia and paid the extra for UPS 1-3 day delivery cos I'm eager...

About £25 for the game and £12 shipping. £37 so far...

Waited in until 2:00 just in case but no delivery and had to pop out for an hour.

Of course UPS tried to deliver when I was out - sods law. Not their fault.

Ticket says they won't deliver until Monday now but the killer is £17.59 to pay in taxes!

I know it can happen but this game is going to cost me £54.59 in total!! and I still cant get it till Monday!!

Seems expensive for import duty, istn't that about 70% tax?

Not a good start for my first post.

Anyway should be up to about 400 songs by the time I get it so I'll have to buy another one.

Sorry if I've spoiled the flow of the thread but it is about BBDX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason