DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

edsock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RanmaFreak said:
well, someone requested earlier if someone would post saves with the songs already downloaded, so I have 3 saves from my R4 that I can put up somewhere if anyone wants. I just finished downloading the last song, so if anyone doesn't want to go through with the trouble of downloading every individual song, they can just use my save.

Anyone want me to post it?

It took quite a while to download them due to the error where it gets stuck at the "saving..." screen, so I was just hoping to save others the hassle.

EDIT: Well, I'll put the saves up anyways, in case anyone wants them.

Megaupload Link:
3 Saves, 1-100,101-200,201-221

Can someone make a song list of what songs are in these saves?? Perhaps with some translations?? I tried comparing to the BBDX list that was posted but they don't seem to match up.

quickreactor

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks so much for those save files ranma, they work like a charm on r4 patched, cheers dominator.

One question, is there a way to change how the songs are sorted? I really want to avoid the ones that came built in as I have already played them and I don't like them all that much compared to the DLC. They are kind of mixed in randomly wth the new ones though. Any way to sort by genre or something?

Also, can't wait for more game music to come out, those were my faves from the last game

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
1005 holy cow, i never scene such a thread this long... however i can not find out how to download a song to see if it works on my dstt; but i guess they released a update to fix it anyways. anyone got a quick answer.

khan2

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to get this working on the M3 Perfect cards?

We can't use .sav, only .dat, and the Game Manager's Save Converter has been broken for ages.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you got the right program and files, is all I can think. I know for a fact the ones I uploaded and the link that was posted earlier both work together, as I use them. I just can't play them, as SuperCard apparently just ignores the entire space where custom songs are stored in saves, as they aren't made to work that far in
frown.gif

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the exact same problem, but with M3 Real.
frown.gif

I just thought of something, what if instead of installing the wad file for the speaker channel, people directly put the "content.bin" file in the right folder ? I managed to install the channel, so I do have this content.bin.
I don't know if it's okay to post it though, so I'll wait for now.

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Can anyone patched this fucking edge firmware to use 8mb sav files.?
[EDIT] Yeah no problem now, can use those 8mb save files may ranmafreak.

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
OK... I think it's as far as I can go. It's sooooo difficult to make any sense out of the save files when I can't figure out how exactly the game uses it
wacko.gif
I should learn assembly sometime.

So, um, here's something that I did find out:

1. The save file is basically divided into 32kbyte (8000h bytes) sections. Most data uses one section, however custom songs seems to take up 2 sections.
2. Each section has a header. For songs (incl. downloaded and custom) it's 4 bytes (which I can't make any sense of) plus "BBDX12343000". For other data it is 2 bytes + 2 00 bytes + "BBDX1234" + 4 bytes (usually 00) + "#000"(# being a digit from 0 to 9).
3. The UID is stored at 007E0000 and 007F0000. Both are 40 bytes long, and they are identical. They do not have headers.
4. All data except songs have duplicates, stored at xxxx0000 and xxxx8000. For example, if there is a section at 00020000, there is a copy of this section at 00028000.
5. The sections at 00040000 and 00048000 stores hiscores.
6. The downloaded songs and custom songs are not stored separately. They are both stored from 00180000 onwards. I don't know how the game distinguishes between them.

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
By the way, you can extract downloaded songs in save files with hex editors. Simply crop out a whole 32768 byte section (from 00180000 to 00188000, for example) and save it as a .bdx file. Then you can import it using bdxtool made by yasu. It will take up a custom song slot, but is shown as a downloaded song when you play it. You can even edit it or delete it as a custom song.
lecture.gif

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
So with what flashcarts does this work currently?
I mean just to work not download content just booting because I'm changing my G6 with something else

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, yesterday I got the three 8 MB .sav files for this game, and when I played it on my M3 Real, it began, but it played untill the points where Barbara was talking and after each of those sequences, the game would go to a black screen.

Is there any way to fix this? also, the third option from the main menu gives me a black screen as well.

And finally, the other 8 MB .sav file lets me start the game, but after the part where you sign your name, and give handed-ness, etc. it freezes while loading (The 'saving bar thingy' stays going, but the game does not continue. I waited for 10 min. and nothing happened.")

So, once again, I ask- Is there a way to play this on M3 Real?

What about M3 Simply? Will that work? What do I need to get it working?

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
By the way, you can extract downloaded songs in save files with hex editors. Simply crop out a whole 32768 byte section (from 00180000 to 00188000, for example) and save it as a .bdx file. Then you can import it using bdxtool made by yasu. It will take up a custom song slot, but is shown as a downloaded song when you play it. You can even edit it or delete it as a custom song.
lecture.gif

Did you really try that ?
Because It just freeze the game when I try to play or edit an imported downloaded song with bdxtool...
If it really work, it would be very easy to make a program that let you manage your custom songs...

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Krazplay said:
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
lecture.gif

Did you really try that ?
Because It just freeze the game when I try to play or edit an imported downloaded song with bdxtool...
If it really work, it would be very easy to make a program that let you manage your custom songs...
Um, I didn't try it myself, but a lot of people say it works. Are you sure you cropped exactly 32768 bytes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1