DS #2364: Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (USA)

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No connection, since they're in a different land.

If you import data from the first via password though people will mention your old guild and how you saved Etria from destruction with your explorations.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
A guy has posted his password from EO here for people to use.
You can change your guild name but I'm not sure if you can change the team setup.
He says it gives you either the Crown or Medal or both.
The crown gives you:
HP +15
TP +15
All Stats +2
Not sure about the medal.
Great game so far, may start over and use the password but those stat boosts don't seem that great tbh.

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
A guy has posted his password from EO here for people to use.
You can change your guild name but I'm not sure if you can change the team setup.
He says it gives you either the Crown or Medal or both.
The crown gives you:
HP +15
TP +15
All Stats +2
Not sure about the medal.
Great game so far, may start over and use the password but those stat boosts don't seem that great tbh.

The only data that is transferred from Etrian Odyssey to Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (that is actually used) is what the best item you had was (Medal or Crown), and the guild name.

The team setup is just because the password data also contains the party, their levels, and what their weapons were. None of that is used in the game.

Town Medal is HP & TP +10, All Stats +1

I believe regardless of whether you change the guild name or not, the NPCs will still call you by the old guild name at first, out of respect for your achievements. Then just wonder what you're called now.

Certain flags are also activated that may make certain events harder. Like that certain clearing in 1F that seems suspiciously familiar to B1F from the first game.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now let's wait for FFTA2
biggrin.gif

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unforgiving. Raped by hedgehog pairs on the first floor. My two frontliners got smoked in my first fight.

Thought I'd be brave and save my starting gold & skill points until after the first floor. Bad idea, as noted above. Will try it again w/ getting better armour & assigned skills on my next go-through on my commute home. big city commuting FTW. Anyone else out there that has a daily commute longer than 1 hr each way?

The mapping is neat.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
SleepingDragon said:
Easy, shadowboy, easy. EO1 was a good game, but let's not go overboard with all this "best DS game ever" talk.
Hey now, don't dis the best DS games ever! Honestly, of all the DS games I've played, EO by far got the most playtime from me. I'm not sure why, but even Zelda didn't hold my interest very long. It's not a bad game, but it didn't have the "I've GOT to complete this!!" addiction factor that EO did.

Here's hoping for more EO's as time goes on. With all the Shiren-type games made using the same engine, how about more using this game engine?

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
Hmm, do you need to play the first game to get this?

I'm hearing "No" from the gamefaq boards. They're saying that EO1 seems primitive compared to EO2, and there's no link in storyline.

I'm an EO virgin and I have absolutely no idea what the gamefaq board forums are discussing w/ buffs/debuffs/gatherers, but I'm planning to just plug ahead with EO2.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Except that many of us had it yesterday, I played it for a few minutes yesterday before realizing that its the same exact crap as the first one that I didn't enjoy back then either.

Let's get one thing straight, this game is not fun in any capacity, whatsoever. It's intentionally designed for a minority of gamers that didn't want fun getting in the way of 100% grinding and collectionism. You will love this game if you are the type that thinks it worthwhile to spend twenty hours of your life fighting the same three sprites until you get a sword thats marginally stronger than the sword you already own, which you will now use to battle those same three sprites for another twenty hours until you level up enough to progress. And if you really hate any kind of entertainment getting infringing upon these activities, say like puzzles or a fun battle system or goals and meaningful rewards or any of the other bells and whistles those damn kids enjoy today in their fancy schmancy video games.

For everybody else, you seriously need not even bother with this. Even considering there is nothing else to play, its just not worth punishing yourself. Go play Super Mario World for the umpteenth time and you'll have more fun. Play with a stick and a ball tied to a cup. Push a hoop down a dirt road. I _promise_ that you will not be missing a thing no matter what the fanboys claim.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Except that many of us had it yesterday, I played it for a few minutes yesterday before realizing that its the same exact crap as the first one that I didn't enjoy back then either.

Let's get one thing straight, this game is not fun in any capacity, whatsoever. It's intentionally designed for a minority of gamers that didn't want fun getting in the way of 100% grinding and collectionism. You will love this game if you are the type that thinks it worthwhile to spend twenty hours of your life fighting the same three sprites until you get a sword thats marginally stronger than the sword you already own, which you will now use to battle those same three sprites for another twenty hours until you level up enough to progress. And if you really hate any kind of entertainment getting infringing upon these activities, say like puzzles or a fun battle system or goals and meaningful rewards or any of the other bells and whistles those damn kids enjoy today in their fancy schmancy video games.

For everybody else, you seriously need not even bother with this. Even considering there is nothing else to play, its just not worth punishing yourself. Go play Super Mario World for the umpteenth time and you'll have more fun. Play with a stick and a ball tied to a cup. Push a hoop down a dirt road. I _promise_ that you will not be missing a thing no matter what the fanboys claim.
+1

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
It's intentionally designed for a minority of gamers that didn't want fun getting in the way of 100% grinding and collectionism. You will love this game if you are the type that thinks it worthwhile to spend twenty hours of your life fighting the same three sprites

Looks like the "minority" got it's way, It was worth making a second one! Love it or hate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 14d team? So 14 guys?