DS #2364: Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (USA)

intet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works on my crappy DS-Xtreme 1.1.3 after an ARM7 patch; saving and everything. It didn't start at all before... And yes, I have ordered a new non-crappy card!
tongue.gif

Loved the first EO to death, doubt I'll feel different about the sequel.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice one Narin!
I just looked at the cheat list and wondered if it would be possible for a code for 2x exp gain?
I used the same code in DQMJ and it made the game much more enjoyable for me and without it I wouldn't have seen the game through.
Tbh I don't even see it as cheating with games such as these. As there is no option to select difficulty, 2x is just like changing the mode down a level, so if the game feels like hard mode, 2x makes it normal mode.
This game and DQMJ take a ridiculous amount of time to get through, and most of that is indeed pointless grinding. Over and over the same monsters just to fill the exp bar. Doing it 2x as fast isn't game breaking at all, higher multiples like 4x,8x and upwards are! It just saves you a few hours of doing pointless stuff over and over.
Also FFTA2 is out soon and I know once it hits, with my DS ADD I won't go back to this for some time!

Btw I just reached the 2nd Stratum. My team is Landsknecht, Protector in front row, Survivalist, Medic, Alchemist in back row. I did have a Ronin where the Landsknecht is, but up to lv5 he is still doing crappy damage so I switched him out.
I am considering making at least one of each of the classes this time and having the same 4 guys throughout the game. This way I can use the 5th slot to switch in a different class every few levels until I have 1 of each of the classes all leveled nicely.
Does anyone know the max level? (hope it isn't 99 with only 1 skill point every level
frown.gif
)

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
solange82200 said:
so I just keep exploring till I get back to the entrance, and then outline all the blocks that lit up ( the ones I walked on)?
I don't believe you even need to mark anything on the map, you just need to explore a specific square for the guard to then let you out. GameFAQs has maps for the first few floors and the rest should be up soon to make it less tedious. I don't ever really bother map making, for example if there's a fork I'll just walk one square down one and then take the other path, that's enough for me to remember where the fork was with the automatic floor mapping.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
is there any way to use one of the cheat files on the topic on an G6 lite? this game feels much harder than the last one, what with DEF being less valuable, monsters having at least twice as much HP in the first stratum AND dealing twice as much damage too.
to the "liek wtf he defend gaem den h e coplmain it too hard watf" guys, the happiness that comes from this game is the exploration, and the excitement of finding and killing new monsters, or finding a secret passage that leads to some awesome stuff. I do agree that the grinding could be left out, but it's an old-school style dungeon crawler, so it HAS to be hard.

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
Btw I just reached the 2nd Stratum. My team is Landsknecht, Protector in front row, Survivalist, Medic, Alchemist in back row. I did have a Ronin where the Landsknecht is, but up to lv5 he is still doing crappy damage so I switched him out.

I'm running a Ronin too, and he did do crappy damage... but i put 2 points in strength and now he pretty much does triple the damage everyone does.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with the battle system? All I basically do is choose "Attack" when each person's turn comes up. Sometimes I choose defend, but if the monster ends up attacking another player other than the one I chose Defend for, then doesnt that make it pointless? And how do I get my Medic to heal people? The "Skills" option isn't available, and that's the only thing I see that might do that. Can someone explain it to me pretty please
blush.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok all you cheaters out there, added in EXP Multiplier cheats into the database which should cut down on the amount of grinding in the game for some people.
smile.gif

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
solange82200 said:
Can someone help me with the battle system? All I basically do is choose "Attack" when each person's turn comes up. Sometimes I choose defend, but if the monster ends up attacking another player other than the one I chose Defend for, then doesnt that make it pointless? And how do I get my Medic to heal people? The "Skills" option isn't available, and that's the only thing I see that might do that. Can someone explain it to me pretty please
blush.gif
You probably figured it out but you need to level up their skills through "Custom" in the main menu, before they learn any skills. Defend's pretty much a waste of time in normal battles, but needed in some bosses when they power up.

And debating whether I should be cheap and use an XP cheat, I was planning on lvling a Troubadour for that instead. I'm already technically cheating with my Cyclo's realtime save.
yaynds.gif

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh snap, I forgot all about RTS! I never used it before, but it will definitely help for this game! Thanks Tir, I cant believe I didnt think of that! I've been using my skill points to level up strength and HP like an idiot, I didnt think to use them to level up so they have skills. I'm a moron!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Narin said:
Ok all you cheaters out there, added in EXP Multiplier cheats into the database which should cut down on the amount of grinding in the game for some people.
smile.gif

Narin you are a legend mate thanks very much! Made my day!

@RedIce Yeah I decided to start over and this time I have Ronin/Protecter/Lands in front and Medic/Alchemist in back but I'm now considering changing the Protecter for a Survivalist.
Ugh so many damn choices with this game! It really is for the stat/menu hungry gamer! Now with my 2x EXP gain this game is 100 times better!

lavalamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, who trashed the ratings system? Someone cared enough to stuff the ballot box? 10K votes. Heh.

Arguing about games is just stupid and pointless, unless you're going to talk about how your favorite game saves the rain forests or something. Otherwise it's just comparing the way we spend our "wasted" leisure time...why aren't you playing a game, instead?!

I like the sound of this, though I don't know if I have the time to make it all the way through. I just got done playing Dungeon Siege on the PSP, and am looking for a leveling-up dungeon-crawl kind of thing. Yes, I know how different they are - I've gone through plenty of graph paper in my day, from back in the pre-gold box series days, so I'm sure I'll like the interface.

I actually JUST loaded up the first one this week to try out. I had no idea this was coming out, so I feel like it's my lucky day, that I can start with the new one instead.

Anyway...glad to see this come out!

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin, can you tell me how to use the cheats on my Cyclo Evo? In the link you posted, there is this:

06_18_08_All.zip [Link] 6.0 MBs 19 Jun 2008 02:55
06_18_08_CHEAT.DAT.zip [Link] 2.6 MBs 19 Jun 2008 02:56
06_18_08_CHEAT.DB.zip [Link] 567.5 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:56
06_18_08_CHEAT.XML.zip [Link] 598.3 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:56
06_18_08_EDGEcheats.DAT.zip [Link] 902.2 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:56
06_18_08_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip [Link] 558.3 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:57
06_18_08_user.evoCHEATS.zip [Link] 902.2 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:57
Changelog.txt [Link] 10.3 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:57
Credits and Help.txt [Link] 6.0 kBs 19 Jun 2008 02:57
The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread. - GBAtemp.net.URL

Im assuming I only use the one that says user.evo? What do I do with the file once I download? Thanks, sorry for the noob-ass question
smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry, Im a moron, the instructions are in the zip file. I will follow those and shut up now. Thanks Narin for the great work!

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
Nice one Narin!
I just looked at the cheat list and wondered if it would be possible for a code for 2x exp gain?
I used the same code in DQMJ and it made the game much more enjoyable for me and without it I wouldn't have seen the game through.
Tbh I don't even see it as cheating with games such as these. As there is no option to select difficulty, 2x is just like changing the mode down a level, so if the game feels like hard mode, 2x makes it normal mode.
This game and DQMJ take a ridiculous amount of time to get through, and most of that is indeed pointless grinding. Over and over the same monsters just to fill the exp bar. Doing it 2x as fast isn't game breaking at all, higher multiples like 4x,8x and upwards are! It just saves you a few hours of doing pointless stuff over and over.
Also FFTA2 is out soon and I know once it hits, with my DS ADD I won't go back to this for some time!

I am considering making at least one of each of the classes this time and having the same 4 guys throughout the game. This way I can use the 5th slot to switch in a different class every few levels until I have 1 of each of the classes all leveled nicely.
Does anyone know the max level? (hope it isn't 99 with only 1 skill point every level
frown.gif
)
If it is the same as the first game, the max level is 70 with 1 skill point per level and 3 skills points at the start, for a total of 72 skill points.
Planning your characters is very important.

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99 is max level w/ 111 skill points.

Cap @ 70, Retire to start @ Lv 30, unlock a new max level (also some bonus stats and skills)
Cap @ 71, Retire to start this process again, unlocking Lv 72
repeat until you hit Lv 99.

You will always start at Lv 30 no matter when you retire from 60+

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only get 1 point every time you level up??? Ive been getting 8 everytime I level up. I wonder, I had initially turned on some cheat codes (probably one to give me more skill points), did Real Time Save, but then decided to go back and not use the cheat codes. But I am still getting 8 skill points every time I level up. Could it be that RTS saved that setting, even though I disabled the cheat codes afterwards? I have a Cyclo DS

CREATA

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wow... we are going to take a long time to play this game if we are going to perfect it...
i finished the first but i cannot clear the secret forest because it is too hard..

i couldnt make this game work on supercard mini sd.
*waiting is painfull XD*

Spuhdz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post in case other's have the same problem I did, For G6 lite users, if your finding that the game won't load and freezes on a white or black screen, this is what I did to fix it. First, I downloaded the newest G6 Manager, then when patching to the cartridge, I chose the options, "DoFAT w/ Force R/W" and then I trimmed the rom. Loaded up the game, and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol