DS #2364: Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard (USA)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bah, looks boring.

pictures.png
Screenshots

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
didnt play the first one... still have it though
Bet it's good but depends if the gameplay get repetitive as many of such games do as Kaos said... not finished teh first one maybe due to boredom
It's not boredom that stopped me playing, I just haven't been playing the game for very long.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Working fine on M3 Simply with latest firmware (1.14).

Gonna get stuck into this now I have all day free (kinda, depends how you look at it
tongue.gif
).
First game was good but I also didn't finish it. The team you pick at the start greatly improves your chances of doing well in the game, so be careful who you choose! I read it has been balanced out a lot more than the first one though.
It's definatley a long winded game, so If you don't have the time to invest I wouldn't bother.
One feature that is cool is that you draw the dungeons with the stylus. As you go through each floor you map out the walls etc. as you go along, very cool.

lacechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one is relatively easier than the second, since there are various skill combos you can use to make yourself near immortal (said skills are removed entirely from the second or changed to function differently).

There's also a password for beating the game (or getting 100% completion) that transfers an item (based on either beating the game or 100% completion) into the second. The guild name that you used in the first carries over as well, although you can change it if you wish.

I found Etrian Odyssey II to be more enjoyable than Etrian Odyssey, challenge wise. Also apparently Atlus has fixed the bugs that were present in the Japanese version, so maybe I'll sit through and beat it again...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If its another game where you have to draw your own map then I would rather gnaw my own leg off than give it the time of day, some people are going to like this though ( the game not me gnawing my leg off, then again you cant be to sure with some people and their fetishes )... Graphics look good though must say, oh damn, I am giving it the time of day..... *gnaw gnaw gnaw

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lacechan said:
The first one is relatively easier than the second, since there are various skill combos you can use to make yourself near immortal (said skills are removed entirely from the second or changed to function differently).

There's also a password for beating the game (or getting 100% completion) that transfers an item (based on either beating the game or 100% completion) into the second. The guild name that you used in the first carries over as well, although you can change it if you wish.

I found Etrian Odyssey II to be more enjoyable than Etrian Odyssey, challenge wise. Also apparently Atlus has fixed the bugs that were present in the Japanese version, so maybe I'll sit through and beat it again...

The first one was EASIER?!? That game got ridiculously hard without constant level grinding. If this game is even harder, forget it.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm probably a masochist but I really enjoyed the first one... even the hours of grinding on tree frogs, I don't mind grind when battles are so quick. And no game really compares in terms of party building and management.

Since this one just seems like more of the same, I for one will be happy at least.

Ralek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the stories are connected.

Any1 got this to work with M3 SD newest gm/fw ? Gives me a short white screen then just black...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-