DS #2268: River King Mystic Valley (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sure ain't as good as the original games that's for sure. Pretty boring, feels less like an RPG and more like a fishing game than previous titles.

There is some real bad angles on this too, sometimes you can't see the fish.

Some people will like this more than me but it seems too "cheap" and empty compared to the other RK games, which is a shame.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
It sure ain't as good as the original games that's for sure. Pretty boring, feels less like an RPG and more like a fishing game than previous titles.

There is some real bad angles on this too, sometimes you can't see the fish.

Some people will like this more than me but it seems too "cheap" and empty compared to the other RK games, which is a shame.

I do quite like it, but I can see what you mean ... it's just so nice to have an English language RK game again lol

Even if it's just a remake of an earlier one ...

0xyG3N

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this isnt so good
Coz it looks a little weird
wacko.gif

Flooded

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TPi said:
Yes, thank you, thank you for not responding at all to my valid claims and contributing to the scourge of stupidity, 4-chanisms, and general bad posting that is driving away forum regulars and good posters. I'm sure that you reporting a forums user 2 years your senior and former staff member who chose to try to give you an opportunity to improve instead of just deleting your posts will end up with amazing results. Great work.

QFT

I blocked and ignored him long ago.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't like this game. Sorry.

I like the adventure - I feel this have so little adventure to it. I only played 10 minutes so I know I judged a bit too quickly but I have no patience for fishing. I could have just jumping in and use an dragger.

...Scaring you, guys?
tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cupajoe38 said:
thebobevil said:
cupajoe38 said:
The cover doesn't really show that this is about fishing and the like.
closedeyes.gif

That's because it's about saving your sister ...

And that's why it's called Harvest Fishing in Europe?
rolleyes.gif

It's called Harvest Fishing because most people can't remember the last time a River King game was released in the UK lol

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:

I like the adventure - I feel this have so little adventure to it. I only played 10 minutes so I know I judged a bit too quickly but I have no patience for fishing. I could have just jumping in and use an dragger.

...Scaring you, guys?
tongue.gif

what class 6 microsdhc do you have thats Sandisk? I thought they only made class 4 for the 8 gigs....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:

...Scaring you, guys?
tongue.gif
Get the two GBC ones instead, more adventure than in this and much much better.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
wilddenim said:

...Scaring you, guys?
tongue.gif

what class 6 microsdhc do you have thats Sandisk? I thought they only made class 4 for the 8 gigs....

It's what it says on the card. *shrugs*

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
wilddenim said:

...Scaring you, guys?
tongue.gif
Get the two GBC ones instead, more adventure than in this and much much better.

I haven't got the GBA flashcart yet. That's next on my list.
wink.gif

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember natsume publishing the Medabots series of games, for gba, they were fun to play, still got one laying around

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many say presentation isn't everything, but I have to admit, when there are so many other great games to choose from, it's hard to give a game like this the time of day. It would have been plain Jane on the GBA, and on the DS it's just not too appealing to me. Yup, it could be a really fun game, but I'll never know because I'm too jaded to suffer through the low-budget presentation. Give me more Rune Factory quality games, and I'm there.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I've given up on expecting today's typical "gamers" liking games such as the River King series. This game is for a dying breed, but we love it.

Also about the "Harvest Fishing" name in the UK. Come on. The UK is notorious for having name changes that make zero sense. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles anyone? Probotector? Plenty more examples but I can't think of their exact names off the top of my head. (note: not a stab at the UK, don't get your knickers in a wad)

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I see the character design and cover of this, it makes me just want to play it... but everytime I try to play it I get so insanely bored so fast. Can anyone enlighten me on the good aspects of this game? I think it's me, this just isn't a game for myself I suppose, seeing how everyone else has played it on GBC. The game seems pretty solid for what its made for, but it ain't just clicking with me, lol.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-