DS #2230: The World Ends With You (Europe)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't quite decide if I like or dislike this game yet. Everything about it, music, gameplay, story, visuals seems like a good concept that kind of just falls short in some way during execution. Hopefully when I get to grips with it a bit more I'll enjoy it because I do really want to like it.

MasterM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
NDS_N00b said:
Yes i know that, if MasterM would just read my reply more carefully, i said that Shiki was 3 seconds delay (for starting auto-play), that said one can assume that i know about the settings of Shiki, and i also know about setting the dificulty (i'm on 3/8).

For you to get the full experience of the game, managing both caracteres during a battle is a requirement i think. And i think it's fair to say that it takes a lot of practice to control both caracteres in a Battle, but i want to get the full experience. And yes, i do read the tutorials carefully (otherwise i wouldn't know about the settings), i'm not the type "i'm not a n00b at anything, i'm a fu*king hardcore player and tutorials are for pussys".

Like i said "i think square enix could make the battle system like "one screen at the time"" it was just an opinion, not a statement, and "opinions are like a*s holes, everyone has one", and that has just my opinion.

So MasterM, pay attention to the replys.

Why u complain about difficulty setting and not set it right away to auto play:fast ?

And how do you want to get full experience when you cant cope with difficulties?

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Fission said:
I did what the majority advised and played well into chapter 3 but honestly. . .

- The story is excellent
- The graphics are Jet Set Radio-ish minus the cell shading - Great!
- The controls are a major let down and as such ruins the game.

I stand by what I said yesterday - It's not my cup of tea.

I never had issues with the controls...

Also, I've been playing fine on 'Auto: Fast mode', 'Normal' difficulty (with 'Hard' when grinding). I've finished the second week and on my 3rd day on my third week. =]

The only thing you need is a HP recovery pin so the AI on your partner doesn't kill you. Never died once and never used cheats.

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not complaining i'm just saying that it is. I'm not going to set it autoplay fast because i want to get used to control both players.

Who said i can't cope? Read the reply, i'm on the Shark scene, so i'm getting used to it.

On the other hand, irpacynot get the hand of it quite well, i think that's awesome!

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
Controlling both players is weird...I can get a lot higher combos if I concentrate on Neku, but I should learn how to play with Shiki as well...hm...

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great game sofar, but I think I'll stop for now and wait for the non-weaboo US version. I can't stand the freaking japanese songs! Teen asians trying to rap.. omfg, the horror!

And the singing annoys me too...

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
minger said:
Controlling both players is weird...I can get a lot higher combos if I concentrate on Neku, but I should learn how to play with Shiki as well...hm...
It's pretty easy if you get a hang of it, requires a bit of memory to pull it off too.

Basically, just keep taping >> ^ >>>, or >>>>> or >>V>>>(change direction when needed) continuously, and maybe jump or block when you see fit.

I have Shiki set as the fastest auto, then focus on Neku until I am done with him(waiting for recharges), having him dodging around and then have a quick glance on Shiki and tap tap tap, then back to Neku, repeat.
tongue.gif

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
ECJanga said:
Great game sofar, but I think I'll stop for now and wait for the non-weaboo US version. I can't stand the freaking japanese songs! Teen asians trying to rap.. omfg, the horror!

And the singing annoys me too...

except if you didn't do the sound file swap...the songs are pretty much the same. there're a few songs dubbed in english, but they sound exactly the same.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is going to sound batshit crazy, but has anyone tried to play this game with two people, one controlling Neku and the other controlling Shiki? I'm curious if it would work if you could figure out a way to hold the thing... And I usually just set the top-screen character on auto... Occasionally if I need the ESP dual power, I'll intervene.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is so awesome!!!
I love it the more i play it!!
I'm about half way through the second week and its beginning to make me sweat a little.
I've died a few times, but that was because I set my level to like level 1 and I forget to have a healing item on the ready...

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone who is having problems with the M3 freezing, somebody put up a link to the save starting on day two. You miss barely anything, so if you want to play, use the save
tongue.gif

powster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a save file for M3 Lite? cuz thats what i have. i know its really old but i don't have a m3 real or r4 or whatever. i tried the r4 save file and the M3R save file. nothing works. when i load up the game, theres no load game option, just new game. can anyone help please??

jubeiyagyuX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm can anyone help me out.tried playing on no$gba 2.6a and after the start screen (which doesnt show the icons,tho i managed to get through it) nothing happens for a very long time and then it just freezes up and crashes. unsure.gif can any1 help me cuz ive waited like almoest a year for this game rolleyes.gif

powster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a save file for M3 Lite? cuz thats what i have. i know its really old but i don't have a m3 real or r4 or whatever. i tried the r4 save file and the M3R save file. nothing works. when i load up the game, theres no load game option, just new game. can anyone help please??

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this game actually any good? up to day 3 and not impressed so far, seems like a pretty dull experience. Or am I not far enough yet, or just missing the point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ