'Neo: The World Ends with You' launches on Steam

NEO_TWEWY_Logo_White_1080p.jpg

After launching on the Switch, PS4 and the Epic Games Store in 2021, Neo: The World Ends with You Out is now available to more gamers as it has landed on Steam.

NEO: The World Ends with You is the follow up to the beloved action RPG The World Ends with You, which transports players to the lively streets of Tokyo—assume the role of protagonist Rindo as you attempt to survive the life-or-death trials known as the “Reapers’ Game.” Rindo, along with a cast of unique and stylish characters, must band together to explore the bustling city of Tokyo and solve the mysteries behind this ominous game from which they can seemingly not escape.

Players who purchase the game for PC will also receive special in-game bonuses: the Legendary Threads Set and Reapers’ Game Survival Set.

The Legendary Threads Set contains five pieces of equipment, each with a unique bonus:
  • Legendary Headphones – Drastically increases enemies’ item drop rates
  • Legendary Tank Top – Greatly increases the user’s Attack power
  • Legendary Shorts – Shortens the wearer’s knocked down time
  • Legendary Sneakers – Increases movement speed during combat
  • Legendary Music Player – Enormously increases HP
The Reapers’ Game Survival Set contains a variety of additional in-game items:
  • Pin: UFO Rescue - Hold the button to slowly restore your team's HP
  • Threads: Virupaksa Hoodie - Greatly increases HP
  • CD: Twister (NEO Mix) - Adds this song as a main menu music option
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They stealth released NEO on Steam literally the day before Persona 5R goes multi-plaform...

they fucking hate this game don't they
Also the same day Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection and Crash Bandicoot 4 released on Steam.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately it hasn't performed to Square's sales expectations after a poor marketing campaign. Solution? Shadow-drop it on the marketplace most PC players actually use, hardly advertise it, and drop it literally a DAY before Persona 5 Royal, a game it was frequently compared to when it was announced (though that's apples to oranges imo).... yeah if you couldn't tell I'm mad at Square. I just don't get why they want to sabotage this game at every opportunity...

Reactions: CoolMe and Xzi

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened when the first TWEWY was released as well. SE knows the game is too good, so they're trying to restrict its power. Actually very brave of them to be thinking about the welfare of humankind instead of their own sales figures.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how it's even supposed to find its niche audience when they do zero marketing for it. The tweet announcing its Steam release was initially just a shrug emoji (now edited).

Thing about Steam ports is that you don't need to do that much for promotion. Most people who wanted the game probably got it on the Switch, considering the first game launched as a DS-exclusive anyway. Plus, it's a Square Enix title, so it's already showing up as a Top Seller on people's Store page anyway, so people are still going to wishlist it in the very least. If there's anything to be critical of, it's probably going to be how well the port even runs, considering SE's reputation on that end.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I got this game on the release day and still have it installed in my Switch. Never finished it, and totally forget its existence till I saw this news today.
As a TWEWY fan, I think that says a lot about how good this game did.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how it's even supposed to find its niche audience when they do zero marketing for it. The tweet announcing its Steam release was initially just a shrug emoji (now edited).
I had to go look that up to see if it was true. It wasn't. Why did you think this was the case?

Was there something before the tweet by @SquareEnix on Oct 19, 2022?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only played the DS game (still need to finish), this looks quite similar to it in terms of art-style but not much in the gameplay. Still, it looks cool..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2