DS #2230: The World Ends With You (Europe)

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
mr deez said:
Is this game actually any good? up to day 3 and not impressed so far, seems like a pretty dull experience. Or am I not far enough yet, or just missing the point?
Maybe it just isn't your type of game? 7th day here, and all was good experience.

Seastars

Trophies
XP
Country
I am loving this game so far and only on day 3. I find it quite ironic that the main character is referred to as "phones" when this is the first DS game I find myself wearing my headphones every time I play.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mr deez said:
Is this game actually any good? up to day 3 and not impressed so far, seems like a pretty dull experience. Or am I not far enough yet, or just missing the point?

It's impossible to say for sure, but my guess is, if you don't enjoy the game yet, you're probably not going to enjoy it any more by playing further. This is one of those games that I think is either gonna grab you from the very first moment, or you're just gonna be kinda "meh" about it.

For me, it grabbed me right from the start, and everything after that had me "ooohing and aahhhing." But it's not a game for everyone, perhaps. It's got a pretty deep story with a lot of metaphysical notions and such. The way the simple but diverse gameplay ties into the story is what really makes this game special. If you can't get into the story, I doubt you'll find much enjoyment here.

Rock Howard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
powster said:
is there a save file for M3 Lite? cuz thats what i have. i know its really old but i don't have a m3 real or r4 or whatever. i tried the r4 save file and the M3R save file. nothing works. when i load up the game, theres no load game option, just new game. can anyone help please??
Same trouble... I've converted the save in .dat, of course, but it doesn't work...

Btw, my friend uses M3 lite, and he said he could go past this video only because he closed his DS for two seconds just before the guy runs. I tried this but didn't succeed

OpenAndCloseYour

Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
POSSIBLE (temporary) FIX for the CUTSCENE CRASH after the frog battle:

Keep closing and opening the DS during the cutscene. Keep doing it until past the crash-point (80% that the game won't crash).

Source: http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/M3_NDS_roms/2201-2250

Strangely enough it worked for me and my M3 Perfect / 1GB Sandisk SD / no trim / safe mode.
Now I can actually enjoy day 1 as a whole and don't have to resort to using a day2 savefile
biggrin.gif

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
OpenAndCloseYourDS said:

Keep closing and opening the DS during the cutscene. Keep doing it until past the crash-point (80% that the game won't crash).

Strangely enough it worked for me and my M3 Perfect / 1GB Sandisk SD / no trim / safe mode.
Now I can actually enjoy day 1 as a whole and don't have to resort to using a day2 savefile
biggrin.gif

Worked for me.
Using undubbed version (sound folder+adx files) on a EZ4, phat ds.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm on the 7th day and i love this game so far very solid game
biggrin.gif
only problem i am having is i have to fight the final boss and meet him at the freeway, where is it? i seem to be going into a dead end all the time.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
jalaneme said:
biggrin.gif
only problem i am having is i have to fight the final boss and meet him at the freeway, where is it? i seem to be going into a dead end all the time.
Try heading towards Hachi's statue, then up to the bus terminal then right, continuing til you end up in Shibuya River.
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Orc said:
jalaneme said:
biggrin.gif
Try heading towards Hachi's statue, then up to the bus terminal then right, continuing til you end up in Shibuya River.
smile.gif

there is no other way to go apart from the Hachi's statue area which is blocked off, and the west bus terminal where the underpass is blocked off, i've been to every corner of both areas and nothing.

edit: screw it, it was fun while it lasted though.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried the open-close method and that didn't work nor has anything else thus far. Using an M3 Perfect SD here. =P Or maybe...when do you have to open and close the DS? Just constantly?

And isn't it possible to damage my DS this way? Just to make sure here.

powster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenAndCloseYourDS said:

biggrin.gif

sweeeeet! this worked! thanksssss

i just kept opening and closing the ds when the fmv started playing. i think i mightve gotten lucky cuz i closed it right at the part where it was about to crash, probably about a split second before that point, and i left it closed for about a couple seconds then i opened it and when the screen flickered back on it went past the crash point and it just kept on playing. you actually do miss a lot of stuff if you just use the 2nd day save, unlike what someone else said that you miss only a little bit of stuff.

now how does one put in the japanese music and voice?

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok i'm done with this game
hate2.gif

the main character & some other characters as well are pissing me off they are acting like a big fags specially the main character

now i really wish that the main character was silent so i can't read or hear his gay bitching

i will play Rondo of Swords and delete this game from my flash cart

i hope square release DQIV soon cause this game IMO was super gay & bad
mad.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Supposedly the game offers a lot of replay value thus allow 100+ hours of gameplay.
So complete bestiary with all difficulty drops, master all pins, collect all clothes, foods, stickers, books, etc.
Doesn't look like there's a bonus to perfect completion besides satisfaction. Nonetheless, it's better than 3 hours of playing and then be done with the game.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 Hours? It takes a lot longer than that to finish the game (story).

The characters act the way they act for the sake of development. Whiny bitch Neku goes away after the first chapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D