DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

trinxified

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the R4 is indeed the most popular flash card for the NDS... So we must assume they should have a fix very soon, as they have the most customers/users.

But, considering the problem is not really of R4's fault, but rather just the software system, I really doubt a firmware can fix the problem.

Our best bet is for a patched ROM. Other than that, we buy a CycloDS and switch to that!

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
CockroachMan said:
Does anyone knows what exactly the R4/M3 Simply/DSTT does with the ROMs?

Yes, it takes them out to a nice Italian bistro, plys them with cheap chianti, then whisks them back to it's hotel room.

*Swoon
shy.gif

trinxified

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be funny if Square Enix and CycloDS have joined forces and are secretly working together, thus resulting to this chaos.

I'm really getting impatient, and it's not just about playing the game... It's also losing faith in the almighty R4DS.

I thought we had the best flash cart.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
trinxified said:
It would be funny if Square Enix and CycloDS have joined forces and are secretly working together, thus resulting to this chaos.

I've been saying that for three days.

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, night all ... after 2.30am here in the UK ... time for my beauty sleep ... see you in 4 years lol

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
thebobevil said:
CockroachMan said:
Does anyone knows what exactly the R4/M3 Simply/DSTT does with the ROMs?

Yes, it takes them out to a nice Italian bistro, plys them with cheap chianti, then whisks them back to it's hotel room.

lol.. that was useful..

devitek

Trophies
Website
3dsfriendcode.com
XP
Country
United States
There have been a lot of complaints in this thread, ironically, about the thread itself. I think it's great that it's still going as it serves a purpose: It's a great diversion while we ALL wait to see what will happen next.

Is it a CRC check? Is it a bug? Is it several different things combined?

Will firmware programmers find a way around it, or will someone have to patch the ROM? What if neither of those options solves the problem?

Why would R4 care about this? Haven't they already made a boatload of money? At this point, they can still sell their product and say that it works with almost 100% of commercial games. That will change if this is a deliberate attempt at anti-piracy, as other companies will likely adopt similar methods.

What did you all expect? I mean, if this is deliberate, then it's way overdue. Right now, DS flashcart piracy is far simpler and cost effective than anything similar has been for any console EVER. Of course the game manufacturers are interested in anti-piracy measures--just look at this thread, with all of the views and comments. This is just over one game!

All I'm really saying is that something will happen, one way or another. The R4 has been showing it's age lately, and the newer flashcarts are looking better all the time. It may just be a good time to upgrade...

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
devitek said:
There have been a lot of complaints in this thread, ironically, about the thread itself. I think it's great that it's still going as it serves a purpose: It's a great diversion while we ALL wait to see what will happen next.

Is it a CRC check? Is it a bug? Is it several different things combined?

Will firmware programmers find a way around it, or will someone have to patch the ROM? What if neither of those options solves the problem?

Why would R4 care about this? Haven't they already made a boatload of money? At this point, they can still sell their product and say that it works with almost 100% of commercial games. That will change if this is a deliberate attempt at anti-piracy, as other companies will likely adopt similar methods.

What did you all expect? I mean, if this is deliberate, then it's way overdue. Right now, DS flashcart piracy is far simpler and cost effective than anything similar has been for any console EVER. Of course the game manufacturers are interested in anti-piracy measures--just look at this thread, with all of the views and comments. This is just over one game!

All I'm really saying is that something will happen, one way or another. The R4 has been showing it's age lately, and the newer flashcarts are looking better all the time. It may just be a good time to upgrade...
Remember, with flash carts, reputation is everything.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would progress through dungeons and whatnot, if I was able to play the game. Like I said, from what I deleted, I can't even move around the starting area properly. And instead of digging through countless pages of five word posts, I guessed from early posts that it just occured after 20 minutes. Oh well, don't know what to say then.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I compared the Japanese version and the US version and they have the exact same amount of code.
Wouldn't that mean if it was a security thing, the US version would have more code in it than the JP version?
ohmy.gif

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for the companies that put z at the end of their games to come out with some protection like this. After you play the game for 20 minutes your puppy gets hit by a car

hello12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the dude with the white screen or anyone else all i did was just download the new and updated kernel 1.16 for the r4 decompressed it and replaced it with my old ones this should let you play....

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello12345 said:
so the dude with the white screen or anyone else all i did was just download the new and updated kernel 1.16 for the r4 decompressed it and replaced it with my old ones this should let you play....
Wait, let me get this straight... You have FFCCRoF working on your R4DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!