Country
United States
^^ndsrelease-2897^^
Killermech posted a tutorial to show you how to add English language to the ROM
yaynds.gif

Quick tutorial:
1. Download
dslazy

2. Open your Populous NDS ROM and select 'NDS unpack', wait till it's done.

3. Go to the folder data/text/ and open the English folder, mark everything and select copy.

4. Now go back one folder and open the Japanese folder, select paste and select yes to overwrite everything.

Save the text file and go back to dslazy.

5. Select 'NDS Packer'
When it's done, select where to save it and there you goÂ
wink.gif

Punx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there much jap text?? Playable??? I'd love to try this out.... great times way back when, with populous and megalomania, and some other game that looked like populous.. damn forgot the name

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there much jap text?? Playable??? I'd love to try this out.... great times way back when, with populous and megalomania, and some other game that looked like populous.. damn forgot the name

Powermonger???

250px-Powermonger_Amiga.png

Played it a lot on my Amiga...

Gonna try this after work...

Punx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good news guys. I checked the rom and it contains english text as well. Not everything gets translated, but enough to make this 100% playable it appears
yaynds.gif

popee1.jpg
pop2hp6.jpg
pop3hu3.jpg

EDIT: Multi6, languages:
Japanese
English
Francais
Deutsch
Italiano
Español

sazman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YAY! thanks killermech downloading now brings back a lot of memories but even though it is playable is there the common grammar mistakes like in most half arsed translated games? i know im arkward but ill try this out and get back to you lot

P.S is the language set to your ds or do you have to change it in options

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YAY! thanks killermech downloading now brings back a lot of memories but even though it is playable is there the common grammar mistakes like in most half arsed translated games? i know im arkward but ill try this out and get back to you lot

I did some quick looks and played some tutorial games. The grammar is alright.. very understandable though. Atleast from what i've played so far.
No option to change it, you'll have to unpack the rom and change in a text file or do the usual 'copy over english folder to japanese' to get it.

Punx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

I did some quick looks and played some tutorial games. The grammar is alright.. very understandable though. Atleast from what i've played so far.
No option to change it, you'll have to unpack the rom and change in a text file or do the usual 'copy over english folder to japanese' to get it.

Err.. newbie to this. What programs do you use to unpack the rom?

EDIT: NVM, found DSLazy.. will try to play around with it

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
ok let me explain to you what i learn

all the forlder are cretaed (all languge) but only japanese and english are translate

When i try to place the fr folder the in game texte don't appear on if you open a french or other language file there is nothing write in it plus the size of japanese is 83.5 ko (english too) but other folders are 2.52 ko

so All are created and you can easly make your own translation from the english text (some texte still mising in english folder (option for example are blank ) )

thanks EA !!!! (yeah rally!!)

can someone make a link to the dslazy tutorial (for noob) i'm to busy now lol

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick tutorial:
1. Download dslazy
http://blog.dev-scene.com/ratx/archives/1

2. Open your populous rom and select 'NDS unpack', wait till it's done.

3. Go to the folder data/text/ and open the English folder, mark everything and select copy.

4. Now go back one folder and open the Japanese folder, select paste and select yes to overwrite everything.

Save the text file and go back to dslazy.

5. Select 'NDS Packer'
When it's done, select where to save it and there you go
wink.gif

EDIT: Didn't notice I used the text file way on the rom I already copied the language folders on
wacko.gif

Will work now.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
and don't forget only english text are present if you chose an other language the game work but all are blank box XD its funny

(for me i don't touch this file i just replace the eng folder by jpn folder and odify the jpn folder ( i work to write the mising english text )

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweetness! Had a feeling there was English in this one, I just hope its a better port than Sim City.

Would try it but gotta do tempcast in a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: