DS #2050: Populous DS (Japan)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Populous was great one the Amiga, I played it for hours. Have the included wi-fi by any chance so you can play against a real opponent, instead of the computer?

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
K, got everything uploaded...but what cracks me up is the icon (for some reason
nyanya.gif
) -

gt2897.png

I'll try this out after school and tell everyone how it is
wink.gif

stephenophof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool!!
If you unpack this rom you can translate this rom to your own language :-)

Thank you EA!
I hope more Nintendo DS games will use this method for text, so everyone can edit it
biggrin.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Umh, anyone knows how to use ndstool to properly unpack and rebuild a NDS ROM? I used to have the command line options somewhere in a text file, but I can't find it anymore. And, like all .NET programms, DSLazy won't work with Linux.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If their power become 0, they would be died."

rofl2.gif

Good stuff. At least it's fairly understandable. Interesting concept for a sim-type game. Never played those other games mentioned, so this should be a neat one to tinker with.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Found it!
biggrin.gif

How to change Populous DS to (something closely resembling) English language, using Linux, in five easy steps:

1. Get ndstool (e.g. from DevkitPro -> /devkitARM/bin/) and copy to a new dir together with 6rz-pdj.nds
2. Unpack ROM with ndstool: ./ndstool -x 6rz-pdj.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
3. Remove Japanese language: rm -r data/text/japanese/
4. Rename English language dir to Japanese: mv data/text/english/ data/text/japanese
5. Rebuild ROM: ./ndstool -c Populous_DS_JPN_NDS-6rz.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin

Play Engrish Populous.
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone figure out a simple hex edit to change the language (like with mario @ olympics and some other games)? i prefer to do it this way rather than repacking with dslazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill