DS #1721: Ryuusei no RockMan 2: Berserk x Dinosaur (Japan)

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Force's behind-the-navi idea is OK, but I felt it took a lot away from tactical play. You don't plan nearly as much, the entire battle consists oo of dodge, run up and attack, dodge, run up and attack.

Star Force had way too many low-points it to be a good game. Maybe it's because I didn't play longer then half-an-hour, but that's just because the game bored me quite easily.
Behind the navi idea was nice, if you bothered to do the quests, you would find out that those navis play a big roll in what you need to do.
Battle Network series did the same as well, except it made you steal area and dodge, run up and attack instead of being able to lock on.
That could be it >.>
Frankly, I found the series to be a great new addition to the Rockman library, cool bosses, and the 3D made planning much harder because you only have three spaces to work with, and if you don't do a lock on attack fast enough, you'll get hit if the enemy walks in front of you.
Plus if you unlock the final bosses GX/SP(Can't remember) form, it will be a run for your money, because in Ryuusei 1, Andromeda SP/GX(Whatever) was insane, and I had the best record time for all my Navis and all the chips including a lot of great combos.

The game is great if you give it a chance. Plus you get to see Megaman if you used a Battle Network game 200 years in the future!

Lan comes back for a brief Cameo or something!
6xvocpd.png

P

pasc

Just an easy question:

weren't there 3 versions that sould come out ? shinobido, dinosaurer AND thunder berserker ? Or did I get something wrong ?

P

pasc

yeah, going online as Megaman was more fun than being "online" yourself... but still this game should be entertaining

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dinos>>>>Shinobi.

Shoulda been
Ninja/Shinobi/Pirate versions, would have been cooler.
Still, I want more BN games - preferably 8 and a sad ending like the original series.

Mr Slug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cam someone explain what the differance is in all the battle network games and these games is?

theres so many now im confused theres always another to go with battle network on GBA theres i think 2 number 4, two 5's, and 2 6's, now theres 3 something or others leo, pegasus, dragon, whats so speciual about those 3 that it needed 3 diff names??? and now these 2 games dino and shinobi, so if anyone could clear up my confusion it be great.

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cam someone explain what the differance is in all the battle network games and these games is?

theres so many now im confused theres always another to go with battle network on GBA theres i think 2 number 4, two 5's, and 2 6's, now theres 3 something or others leo, pegasus, dragon, whats so speciual about those 3 that it needed 3 diff names??? and now these 2 games dino and shinobi, so if anyone could clear up my confusion it be great.

GBA Series:

Megaman Battle Network

Megaman Battle Network 2

Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue / White
Difference: Exclusive Megaman's Transformation, Exclusive Boss Characters
In Japan, Blue acts as updated version of original MBN3 (White)

Megaman Battle Network 4 Red Sun / Blue Moon
Difference: Megaman's Transformations, Boss Characters, Subplot

Megaman Battle Network 5 Team Protoman / Team Colonel
Difference: Megaman's Transformations, Boss Characters, Playable Characters

Megaman Battle Network 6 Cyber Beast Gregar / Cyber Beast Falzar
Difference: Megaman's Transformations, Boss Characters, Final Boss

DS Series: (which is 200 years after the event of MBN6)

Megaman Star Force Leo / Pegasus / Dragon
Difference: Megaman's Transformations
(Each version got their own exclusive transformation. Unlike previous versions, you can get all Transformations in 1 version given that you add the other versions as buddy)

Megaman Star Force 2 Berserk Dino / Berserk Shinobi
Difference: Megaman's Transformations (I think it's the same as MSF1)

I love the series..
wub.gif

It's a good break from the side scrolling megaman

MetaKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, this is out already? Hm, I wonder how long until the english version
tongue.gif

Anyway.. I liked Starforce, but that's because I hadn't played Battle Network for a few years
smile.gif
so it felt newwwww.

I'd play this one now, but my japanese probably isn't good enough. And If I figure out the story now, nothing will motivate me to get through the game in english
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y