DS #1605: Barbie as The Island Princess (USA)

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!!!!! so putting this on my R4!!! *my life is now complete* i wonder if they will create a sequal with Holly Hobby in it, oh, and Wi-Fi
ohmy.gif

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I blame the original Barbie NES game for making most girls of my generation hate videogames. (Growing up, I didn't know a single girl who liked them, but pretty much every single boy did.) Barbie was a horribly made platformer that was absolutely no fun.

I bet a lot of girls who expressed interest in video games were bought that by their parents or grandparents. Anyone who had that game as their first videogame experience would clearly never want to play another game again. Now that girls are finally starting to play games Barbie is back to turn girls away from them.
wink.gif

shinmai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I blame the original Barbie NES game for making most girls of my generation hate videogames. (Growing up, I didn't know a single girl who liked them, but pretty much every single boy did.) Barbie was a horribly made platformer that was absolutely no fun.

I bet a lot of girls who expressed interest in video games were bought that by their parents or grandparents. Anyone who had that game as their first videogame experience would clearly never want to play another game again. Now that girls are finally starting to play games Barbie is back to turn girls away from them.
wink.gif

I was going to post something like "Yes, been waiting for this for ages..", but saw your post and found myself in there.
As video-game-loving male, who's been "with computer" (::"with child") since the age of 3, I've always detested these kinds of happy-pappy girly crap being pushed down would-be-female-gamers' throats. Why not create female-friendly content in "regular" games, instead, and get the girls and boys playing together?
This area of game design has seen some improvement lately, but still way too many chick-games are released. It wouldn't be that bad, if these girl-games would be properly made, finished products; but they're not. 90% of the time, they're quick, half-assed and seem unfinished. I think nothing's going to turn a blooming female-gamer off gaming like a bad license-title.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be barbie-happy-pappy-marshmallow-joy-joy-fun-pink-trallalallalaa games made for girls. I'm saying they should be created with the same quality standard that are expected from other (non-DSI) games.

All that being said,
YES! I've been waiting for this for ages, SO going on my R4!
tongue.gif

Akusoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with the previous posters... I'm a girl, and I haven't played a Barbie videogame in my life (or any other "girls-oriented" game, for that mather...). That's probably why I DO play videogames...
unsure.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, some people who own consoles and handhelds do have little kids. It's clearly not intended toward an audience of older gbatemp browsers, so what's the deal with even taking issue with a game like this? If you had a daughter who was somewhere around five years old, they love this stuff and it's great that it exists for them. But since you don't, it's no wonder you can't understand the relationship and why they'd rather play this than Sonic or whatever the hell _you_ play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo