DS #1491: Bleach: The Blade of Fate (USA)

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
People complaining about the DUB just need to hax the rom and replace the sound files with the Japanese ones. I just made a working USA rom with Japanese voices, everything is running fine. So far i've play tested it with 4 characters and all the voices were in Japanese so it seems cool.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IGN gave this a promising review, so I guess I'll try it.

And the dub isn't that bad, Jesus Christ....

The Bleach dub is the most horrible mainstream anime dub ever. Seriously, it's even shittier than One Piece, or even the whole censored Yugioh-4kids anime.

The only thing this game has for it is that will have less lag becuase of resident players.
Shut the **** up you elitist ass. I am so tired of all these stupid Japanophiles. More horrible mainstream dub? Care to explain why? Or is it simply because it's in English that you have to hate it. Wanna hear something shocking? I've been playing the Wii game all day, unlocked Ulquiorra in it. His dub voice? Perfect. It even has all his "trash" comments. If they were "the most horrible mainstream anime dub ever," they wouldn't of tried to get a voice extremely similar to his Japanese one. So shut up.

tanooki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No dubbing can be as bad as one piece ...
And for all you dubbing complainers do something about it instead of crying to the community and being bandwagon tag-alongs

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The English dub in the game is just as tolerable as the Japanese dubbing in the original game. You should be more caught up in the action to even care anyways.

There's quite a few gameplay tweaks in the English version when I was playing for a couple minutes. All the characters without Shunpo (Chad, Inoue, Ganju) now have some air versions of their rush moves. Ishida is a mix of BDS1 and BDS2. Byakuya's SuperB doesn't attack right away anymore. Chad has really improved. He doesn't do that stupid flip when he rushes anymore and his rush travels much farther. Also his SpecialB comes out much quicker, especially his M version. There's a bunch more but I just started playing half an hour ago.

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IGN gave this a promising review, so I guess I'll try it.

And the dub isn't that bad, Jesus Christ....
The Bleach dub is the most horrible mainstream anime dub ever. Seriously, it's even shittier than One Piece, or even the whole censored Yugioh-4kids anime.
Nonsense. Bleach easily has the best dub out of any neverending kids fighting/dueling anime, which usually get the short end of the stick. Honestly compare it to Naruto or the new Funimation One Piece and see what I mean. I would even say it's the best english dub out of any kids anime ever but honestly Bobobobo and Eureka 7 top it.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I thought the DBZ dub was pretty good, but I was a naive teenager back then. Watched Bleach until I got lost in Bount; otherwise pretty good voice acting. However, in English it was truly abysmal. Especially the banter between Ichigo and Renji; way too cheesy.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
True True lol, 4kids give the crappiest lines to anime and ruin the crap out of everything. I guess to non-anime fans dub isnt a big deal but for those who watch it all the time, its a very big deal b/c u hear shit voice actors in english
considering most anime fans over 18, grew up with sailormoon and other animes with poor acting.... its really painful hearing 14yr old kids moan about dubs, very annoying young weebo's

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I beat the first episode. This game really tears up your d-pad thumb, doesn't it? It did for me anyway. Gotta build up that callus I guess.

I didn't play the Japanese version because I couldn't read what was going on, but this game ROCKS! I think it has some pretty nice music too.

Let's hope Bleach 2 (U) isn't far behind.

medway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Ha. fell for this one, just woken up and am thinking ok this is one of those vids with a commercial
preceding it. So get through the whole thing waiting for the review of the game to come. Look
around and think must have been an error in the link until I hit back and remember the name of
the game.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario