DS #1195: Treasure Gaust: Gaust Diver Crimson Red (Japan)

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Full Name : Treasure Gaust: Gaust Diver Crimson Red => How could someone read that on that box filled with japanese characters ???
blink.gif
rofl2.gif

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I always thought it would be cool if a game could generate a monster by taking a sample of your DNA, like a piece of hair or some blood.

yeah that would be cool and even cooler if the monster had abilities and appearance based on the sample you fed it with. Then imagine a monster made from your poop =p that has to be the nasties one

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what I gather from reading and watching the trailer is that you walk around and some sort of magnetic device in the DS card can measure magnetic fields. These fields readings then become the stats for your monsters. Sonic clues let you know when you're near really good magnetic fields so you can build better monsters.

The kids in the trailer seem to have mapped out their local area to know where to stand for the best magnetic fields to build better monsters.

Nothing about barcodes or GPS.

I somehow doubt that they've built a gaussmeter into a card. Even including that possibility, they have to be calibrated, and have rather large charts detailing the operation.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought it would be cool if a game could generate a monster by taking a sample of your DNA, like a piece of hair or some blood.
It would be pretty damn cool, especially seeing everyones monster could be unique. Trading would be endless, you'll never collect every monster possible! I'd be wanting to make monsters from my cat, dog and hamster. You can imagine a thread here that says "Show Your Pet In DND Monster Form!!111!!".

x_Jiro_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well... It works with flashcards...
It uses device that is in DS, not in Gamecard.
It looks like it's connecting to Wi-Fi or with another DS using Wireless Connetion.
Works well for me. I haven't got too many signal of magnetic field in house, but it was getting crazy when i went outside XD

wepon1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Best way to do it is just leave it in scan mode close your DS lid and walk around for a while. I did that in class and when I opened it up I had 33 monsters floating around ready to capture.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
hello, hum i have a litle probleme in my house i just can see two diferents monster n003 an n007 and its very long to scan ....

Where i can go for more monster give me exemple pls... thanks you
nds.gif

I like GBAtemp its my reference without this webpage i'm lost
frown.gif

sorry for my english (because i'm french )

wepon1984

Trophies
XP
Country
You basically start with only a lvl 1 scan. Basically you only have 4 possible monsters on that lvl of scan from what I found. As you defeat more monsters your own character lvl goes up. After a certain character lvl you get the ability to go up to a higher lvl scan with more powerful monsters and more varieties.

Also, if your lucky, the data the game will pick up will be converted into items or money.It happened to me when i scanned in my school's bathroom. >.>;;

Anyways.... the maximum number of items/monsters possible per scan seems to be 33 and... just turn the game into scan mode,c lose the ds lid and walk around for a while, like an hour or so.

:edit:

Just as a side note. I was able to get newer more powerful monsters when scanning while I was using my microwave. >.>;;; go figure.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
It's a very nice idea, reminds me of the WiFi scanning of MGS - Portable Ops. Coupled with a combat system reminding me of .hack//GU Avatar battles, I'm hoping NamcoBandai is releasing this in english. Actually liking it more than Pokémon because they included that "scan-thingie"
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging