DS #1170: SimCity DS (USA)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the R4/M3S? Copy and paste the new kernel over.

EDIT: It can be found in the download center (or on the news page). Version 1.06 for M3S is the latest

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I update firmware?
Get the new loader, delete the old "_DS_MENU.DAT" and "_DS_MENU.SYS" files from your microSD card, and put the new "_DS_MENU.DAT" file where the old one used to be.

"_DS_MENU.SYS" will be created automatically. It's a 4MB file, so make sure you have enough free space on the card or bad things will happen.

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since when do power plants blow up and take out a city block?
Yeah, I was really pissed when mine did that too! luckily I didn't save for a while so I was able to reload, build a new plant and plan ahead. It's normal for them to collapse but the taking out a city block thing is bullshit!

I really wish there was more warning than just the dumb ticker; most of the crap on there is so useless that I don't bother reading much of anything it says. That and it's SUPER slow scrolling speed makes it take a couple months in the game time before you can read it anyway.

Overall, the game is entertaining. I hate all the useless dialog from the "towns people" and I feel like you can't find all the information you need to runt he city well, but it works. I'm really glad they put an undo button in there though!! I'm not sure how much time I'll put into this one, but it's entertaining for now.....

Wonder if the European save file works with the American rom
wink.gif

Elfeckin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a m3lite and passcard, i can;t get the game to load...tried multiple settings still nothing...keep getting the black screen with restart the game etc.... should i give the EU version a try?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
My powerplant still blows up, I don't know what that's about. And, in the USA version, what are the names of the commercial buildings? In the E version, some are "UK traders" and "London Tailers"
if you put too much pressure on your power station so it runs over it's maximum capacity (as far as i know because that's what happened to mine) it will blow up before it's time limit.
who the hell said it was easy. i've had to re start it 3 times because i run at a loss with it. i mean i like it and everything but god damn it's harder than the mobile version was.
frown.gif

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that this game doesnt work with some cards. But my so called 'horrible' SuperCard Lite Rumble can play it perfectly.
tongue.gif

$30...for the win.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
yeah... it won't play on my M3 Simply, freshly updated to 1.06. even ensured I deleted the old save file the old firmware tried to create. hope there's patched version (or working m3 firmware) for this. that'd be nice, i want to at least give it a try, enjoyed theme park for quite a while.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah... it won't play on my M3 Simply, freshly updated to 1.06. even ensured I deleted the old save file the old firmware tried to create. hope there's patched version (or working m3 firmware) for this. that'd be nice, i want to at least give it a try, enjoyed theme park for quite a while.

It should work no problem, did you try the euro version.

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck does my city have like 98% R, 1% C and 1% I??? I have a LOT of residential zones and each time I make more, they keep getting filled up, so I need to make even more. The commercial and industrial zones aren't even getting filled and there are lots of purple and red squares. How do I make more people build in the commercial and industrial zones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: