Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, but it HAS to be a 2Mbit (256KBytes) game, even though some tool reports it as being otherwise. The game supports up to 8 dogs at a time (3 out, and 5 in the hotel, unless I'm wrong), with 10 voice commands each. Only that makes it 80 different voice commands (they are definitely not shared, as I was having a French Daschund and an English Siberian Husky
tongue.gif
, along with another one made by one my (girl) friends), and it must have some way to make the voice recognition really flexible : as I see it, it compares the waveforms of what you just said with what is in its sounds bank. They aren't necessarily of high quality, but I guess they still are compressed (MP3- or OGG-like) too, as even low quality wav files could eat space up pretty fast...

All this to say, sorry, but I really don't see how it could possibly work with a 64KBIT saver...
tongue.gif

Also, the previous ones were 2Mbit too, so they can't really have found a "magic way" to shrink it down that much to shave off costs, as they would have most likely found it and used it before, when the most sales were made (which, in the games industry, is pretty much ALWAYS in the first weeks of release)...

- Vince989

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, but it HAS to be a 2Mbit (256KBytes) game, even though some tool reports it as being otherwise. The game supports up to 8 dogs at a time (3 out, and 5 in the hotel, unless I'm wrong), with 10 voice commands each. Only that makes it 80 different voice commands (they are definitely not shared, as I was having a French Daschund and an English Siberian Husky
tongue.gif
, along with another one made by one my (girl) friends), and it must have some way to make the voice recognition really flexible : as I see it, it compares the waveforms of what you just said with what is in its sounds bank. They aren't necessarily of high quality, but I guess they still are compressed (MP3- or OGG-like) too, as even low quality wav files could eat space up pretty fast...

All this to say, sorry, but I really don't see how it could possibly work with a 64KBIT saver...
tongue.gif

Also, the previous ones were 2Mbit too, so they can't really have found a "magic way" to shrink it down that much to shave off costs, as they would have most likely found it and used it before, when the most sales were made (which, in the games industry, is pretty much ALWAYS in the first weeks of release)...

- Vince989

frown.gif

lol, OK, I'll believe you.
wink.gif

Amano Jacu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just want to notice that I think there's a mistake when we talk about bits and bytes. I've just been told elsewhere that a game with a 64kb save is actually 64 kilobytes = 512 kilobits, so it's "only" 4 times smaller than 2mbit = 256 kbyte save like nintendogs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since