Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should I be at all grateful to GST?
They are releasing hacked roms for one company. AND they arent telling anyone how they are doing it. That and I have absolutely no use for these roms, I dont own a neoflash (dont even want one..), the roms dont work in darkfaders rom anylizer program, and emu's arent even far ahead enough to play them. (Even if they were I doubt they would work).
GST is about as anti-scene as it gets, I'd rather there be no releases than some monopolizing group of elitests running the show.

wow.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why should I be at all grateful to GST?
They are releasing hacked roms for one company. AND they arent telling anyone how they are doing it. That and I have absolutely no use for these roms, I dont own a neoflash (dont even want one..), the roms dont work in darkfaders rom anylizer program, and emu's arent even far ahead enough to play them. (Even if they were I doubt they would work).
GST is about as anti-scene as it gets, I'd rather there be no releases than some monopolizing group of elitests running the show.

wow.
What?
Tell me ONE way GST is helping the scene progress.
Just releasing roms doesnt mean crap, especially only when ~50 people in the whole world can use them.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youve got a good point, but you must admit that only one group mysteriously releasing roms for a flashcart cant be a good thing for the scene on a whole.
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
wink.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Now if this isn't proof that neoflash is the ones doing these dumps I don't know what isÂ
nyanya.gif

We are developing a USB Loader
The Neoflash is developing a USB Loader that will act as a NDS Backup Program. This will help a lot of developers out there to study the dumped image on the PC for further research. It can also backup your savegames on your NDS Catridges so that you wont loose your savegame again,.

rofl2.gif
nice find!
rolleyes.gif

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the Denmark partÂ
huh.gif

It's a reference to the classic Shakespeare tragedy, Hamlet. At one point a character says "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" to imply he think that things aren't quite right (since they are in Denmark and things most certainly aren't). Since then, it's become just a general statement meaning "I think there's something suspicious about this".

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's always funny to see replies that basically say "HOW DARE THEY RELEASE ROMS I CANT PLAY!!!"

kinda like all the people who don't have a 1.0 PSP complaining about emulators, etc being developed...

just sit back and relax if you don't want to pony up for what you need to play...

that's what i'm doing, relaxing...

elbee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it is not so hard to break the monopoly of GST/neoflash, but some effort has to put into it. IMHO there are a few tracks to do it:

* The key in dumping cards is in using the thing which is best at decoding it (the DS itself) and just look over its shoulder. This is the way DF did it, and this is the way anyone can do it. You even have some hints to start with (simple stream cypher with RTC based seed, different commands to read the card some of which some are encrypted).

* An other way is to hack the GST dumps so you have a "clean" nds dump, and work from there. It is said the rom patching is not the hardest part of making nds dumps run on gba flashcards.

lecture.gif
So the main thing is; don't bitch about people putting in a lot of effort hacking the stuff and don't tell (for commercial, anti-piracy, or other reasons). Just put in the effort yourself and make the information open, or wait -silently- for other people to discover and bring neoflash competition or open info to the scene.

PS: if somebody (without an anti-piracy view, but with some extra time, and some reverse engineering skills) is committed to put some effort in getting nds roms run on other flashcards, just make a new thread on this and start hacking. Maybe i'll join you
wink.gif
(it is the time i lack).

elbee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm? Doesnt the nds roms work with a passme + xg2-turbo??
The neoflash is -very- similar to the xg2-turbo card, read about it here.

The first two GST releases work with passme/flashme and neoflash/xg2flash. From the 3rd GST release the "magickey" is needed to boot the rom, but can be removed while playing (when using flashme). Probably the passme will work as "magickey" for booting those releases, but don't know for sure yet.

alexp2_ad

Certified Smart Ass
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now if this isn't proof that neoflash is the ones doing these dumps I don't know what isÂ
nyanya.gif

We are developing a USB Loader
The Neoflash is developing a USB Loader that will act as a NDS Backup Program. This will help a lot of developers out there to study the dumped image on the PC for further research. It can also backup your savegames on your NDS Catridges so that you wont loose your savegame again,.
DAMN NICE FIND!

NeoFlash = Golden Sun Team

Without any shadow of a doubt!

elifecyber

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really you know, they may have contact and all, but this is kinda obvious to sell your product, you need roms. So they know what the situation is, and need to improve everything and all.
smile.gif

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gst are not doing anything wrong but it is a shame that once a proper ds flashcart comes out then all these roms will need redumping

as for people waiting for the proper info on how to dump the ds roms just wait patiently and it wont take long for a proper ds rom dumper to appear (and i dont mean one that just dumps random data which is what the neoflash usb backup device states it does)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol