Dreamcast .cdi files issues/workarounds?

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on getting a Dreamcast to play games on by burning cdi files to discs, but I'm seeing from some sources that a lot of games tend to have issues with music, cutscenes, visual quality etc with them. I also tried the gdi for Bangai-O in Demul and the first level used the boss theme on top of not looping, something I saw a thread on saying that game's gdi is based on its cdi and is known to have those issues. Is there any way to play burnt games on real hardware without them getting messed up?

D

Deleted User

Regular cd-rs only contain 700 mb while many Dreamcast games were bigger, so the hackers had to rip out things like music and cutscenes sometimes. I think I heard there was some type of cds you could buy that would allow you to put the entire gdi on it but I may be remembering wrong. I haven't messed up with Dreamcast disc burning in decades. I just play emulators on PC with GDIs that don't have this issue. As you mentioned Demul is good I also like Redream and Flycast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o