ROM Hack [DRAGON QUEST XI 3DS ENG PATCH] I NEED YOUR HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermaggico

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[DRAGON QUEST XI 3DS ENG PATCH] I NEED YOUR HELP !

Hi everyone how could you read the title I need help translating this game .... I'll explain what I've done so far .... I have obviously extracted the game(.cia file). I tried to open the various file packs (contained in / ExtractedRomFS ) that do not open but those that are contained within the folder / ExtractedRomFs / level3d have files in .bxon format that I think have the strings of the dialogues .... obviously kuriimu the tool I'm using to extract the bxon from these file pack does not read the .bxon file. if someone could help me in this let me know in the discussion I am attaching some screenshot.... someone has any idea how to open/edit these .bxon files thanks

Image1.PNG image2.PNG image3.PNG

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that kind of attitude will get a lot of help. Ever stop to think most users have no clue or they would have already tried to translate this?
There's also the fact that the game's coming to the West in a little over 2 months and any effort in translating the Japanese version isn't worth it.

Reactions: Plattym3!

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's also the fact that the game's coming to the West in a little over 2 months and any effort in translating the Japanese version isn't worth it.
The 3DS version isn't coming out in English.

But why don't you wait until the Switch version is released and then see if you can utilize that to help you with the process?

Last edited by yoshinatsu,
Reactions: TankedThomas

Ermaggico

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 3DS version isn't coming out in English.

But why don't you wait until the Switch version is released and then see if you can utilize that to help you with the process?
i don't think that the switch version use the same file ....however, I will take a look at the files of switch version

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ever stop to think most users have no clue
You mean like OP?
i don't think that the switch version use the same file ....however, I will take a look at the files of switch version
Not really the point. The entire script might be extractable, therefore making the process much quicker because one wouldn't need to retranslate the entire game. Assuming you're even capable of that to begin with. And really, this isn't the best place to ask for help anyway. Contact one of the well-known people who work on 3DS home-brews and hacking, or maybe even try out that cesspool that is /r/3dshacks on reddit (can't be much worse than this site, but then again, it is reddit).

Reactions: yoshinatsu

Spmario233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There's already a Simplified Chinese fan-translation patch for 3DS version.
However, they don't want to share their tools to others.

BooDaRippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that kind of attitude will get a lot of help. Ever stop to think most users have no clue or they would have already tried to translate this?
Or that it's also a huge pain in the ass and a lot of us stopped working on it, anticipating a US release. Now that Square has confirmed that they hate us, the project will pick up again.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
the game text is actually compressed, can't decompress though, will try and see what i can find

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty big stretch I think, but what are the odds people could not only patch the game with a translation, but also an orchestral music patch like what they're building out for the PC ver?

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a pretty big stretch I think, but what are the odds people could not only patch the game with a translation, but also an orchestral music patch like what they're building out for the PC ver?

That reminds me that a fan released a remastered soundtrack patch for Final Fantasy VI for Game Boy Advance which is great because it sounded much better than the official release.

Reactions: plug313
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche