supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this was posted yet..anyways

source: http://kotaku.com/5542451/dragon-quest-ix-...ateside-in-july

"The wait for the North American release of the game that sold more than four million copies in Japan comes to an end this July, as Nintendo locks in a date for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

Dragon Quest IX for the Nintendo DS shattered sales records in Japan, so it came as no real surprise when Nintendo revealed a "unique partnership" with Square Enix to takeover publishing duties for the North American release. That release is now slated for July 11, the perfect release window for parents looking for a DS game to keep the kids quiet during long car trips.

"DRAGON QUEST IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies is one of the biggest games ever to hit Nintendo DS, with an incredible amount of content for every kind of player to enjoy," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "This new game has all of the elements of an instant classic: customization options, a great story, and the ability to share a nearly limitless experience with friends."

It should be interesting to see if the North American release of Dragon Quest IX, designed with Western gamers in mind, comes anywhere close to generating the sales and buzz that it did in Japan."

my pants are wet!!!

i kinda had a bad feeling about tweaking the game for the westeners--just my gut feeling.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dragon Quest IX came out July 11th on Japan last year because of a partnership with 7-Eleven, so they wanted to release it on the same date appearently, only a year late, I guess that's the reason.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Best news of the year! I have been waiting for the English version. Dragon Quest is my all time favorite series with 8 being my favorite to date.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well Nintendo is certainly getting some money from me this year cause it's one of those games I will certainly buy, especially considering it will probably be forever before the anti-piracy is bypassed, not to mention I actually buy games for franchises I really like and Dragon Quest has been one I have enjoyed for the last 12 years or so, there is no reason not to buy this game.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, it comes out on my birthday
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum