1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

upload_2021-1-11_17-41-12.jpeg
    In a press release publisher Majesco Entertainment and developer DreamRift announced that 2011-released DS title Monster Tale is coming to “modern game platforms” in 2021.
    In 2015, a remake for the Nintendo 3DS was in development. The 3DS remake was going to be called Monster Tale Ultimate.​
    Source:https://www.gamespress.com/Majesco-Entertainment-to-Reopen-the-Gates-of-Monster-Tale

Azael_inf, E1ite007 and godreborn like this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    is this part of the monster world universe? I beat monster world on the switch a while back. very good game, and I died A LOT, but I used no faqs either. ;) it has metroid vania style stuff in it like being able to transform into other characters to proceed through the game. the game is quite difficult with lots of puzzles to make use of those characters. I don't have 100%. I may go back to it one day to try to find that stuff I'm missing.

3. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

Monster Tale is not part of the Monster World universe from Sega.

godreborn likes this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Deleted User likes this.
  5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    I thought they dead since 3DS remake never appeared and became vaporware.

godreborn likes this.
  6. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To be honest, that NDS Box Art isn't doing it any favours, especially when that monster looks it's regretting that cookie, for whatever reason.

That said, a quick Google shows me that the in-game art style is the quality I enjoy from the NDS and GBA eras, so I'll definitely find the original title and see how it runs.

godreborn likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'd have to agree about the box art, but if the game is anything like monster boy, it's a definite buy for me. my favorite genre is platforms, and my favorite sub of them is the metroidvania ones.

tomasowa likes this.
  8. MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    cool. the game is good. lots of backtracking (i mean, way more than any other "metroidvania") but good. and no, is not part of "monster world" from Sega lol

9. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Holy cow, it's not dead! But it's too late for the 3DS. :-( It seemed to me like it was one of those games where the developers really sought to do something unique with the dual screen setup, and now that era is probably gone forever.

I had really been looking forward to this, especially since it's from the same people who did Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure (a severely underrated game). I had heard that the original DS version suffered from some balance issues and it intrigued me that the developers knew what they did wrong and were eager to fix it.

Maybe they can push for one last eShop release? They must have done so much work already!

ETA: I thought Majesco was pretty dead? They used to sort-of specialize in such obscure releases. It looks like someone bought a lot of their IP just a few months ago?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesco_Entertainment

Last edited by Kwyjor, Jan 13, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, consoles, Monster