ROM Hack Dragon Quest IV (English Patched)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i found it in another forum:

For those DQ fanboys who haven't yet heard, the Japanese version of DQIV DS contains a complete scripts in English, French, Dutch, Italian & Spanish. The scripts are about 99% complete, with a few untranslated lines such as when you pick up an item. An anonymous poster on the internet decided to release a patch to turn the (J) ROM into whichever language you choose. I've decided to upload the English patched version and the seperate patch for those who want it in a different language.

someone else added:
The first chapter is not translated. After you get past that, then everyone minus your party is usually for the most part translated.

and somone else:
I've played up through Chapter 5, and I'm still playing. This is how this script works:

The Prologue is NOT TRANSLATED. It's a brand new scene not present in the original DQ4 game.

Everything after that that is crucial to finishing the game is IN ENGLISH. Sometimes the english is heavily accented, sometimes the grammar's bad, sometimes it's spot on. It seems that Ragnar's folk have accents and Alena's folk have bad, stereotypical Russian english. However, it's totally playable.

There are other random things that give error messages. Examples include transferring items that can be equipped, selling multiple of a single item, and other random events that are not crucial to finishing the game.

The game also cannot distinguish plurals, and so will spell out every instance in a particular situation i.e. it will say "Alena%%the party% gains X experience!" if Alena was the leader of the party. There are other such instances.

I'm not very far into Chapter 5 yet, however I have heard that everything is playable up through completing Chapter 6 from people on different forums. Whether or not you choose to play this version or wait for the finished version is your choice, but I stress that this version is totally playable.

[Link removed by staff - whether hacked or not, it's still illegal!]

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Ehm Gee it's a rom link
ohmy.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
hey i thought its the patch, didnt realize its the rom.
ok, i realizeed after sometime but didnt remove it, i knew it would make some people happy.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Simply use Google... Here is one forum I found. Apparently, the Japanese ROM holds the text for several languages already. This AR code unlocks it.

Even simpler, I found the mention to just edit the file with a hex editor. At address C4BF4, overwrite the "JP" with any of the other languages (EN, FR, DE, IT, ES).

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
I do play the English version already, but apparently someone mentioned a way to further "clean" the rom by removing the error messages with an AR code, a few posts earlier in this topic...

Anyone knows anything about that?

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this an update of the translation?

http://www.dsromplanet.com/Hauptpage.html
(well, it's in German but basically it means the game's translated)

I think it's the same as the previous version, but why do they post it yesterday, when they were also the first ones to announce the other languages present in the rom two weeks ago???

Maybe it's a new version, anyone knows?

Solariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this an update of the translation?

No No No No
(well, it's in German but basically it means the game's translated)

I think it's the same as the previous version, but why do they post it yesterday, when they were also the first ones to announce the other languages present in the rom two weeks ago???

Maybe it's a new version, anyone knows?
afaik (and i think i got it) it's a new version. (i'm in the dsrp irc channel)^^

News:
QUOTE said:
Hi,
es gibt endlich eine Dragon Quest 4 IV Version, die fast komplett übersetzt ist. Es fehlen nur noch einige Sachen, wie z.B. das Prolog. Das Spiel ist, nachdem mach sich durch das Prolog durchgekämpft hat komplett auf deutsch oder englisch, je nachdem, welche Version ihr euch saugt
wink.gif
Translation:QUOTE
Hi,
finally there is an almost completely translated version of DQ4. Only few things are missing like the prologue for example.
The game is, after you survived the prologue completely in german or english, depending on the version you'll download
wink.gif

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like it's the same as the previous versions, but they "pre" hacked the rom. Not like it's very hard to do this (see the other topic regarding this EXACT same thing.)

Solariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks like it's the same as the previous versions, but they "pre" hacked the rom. Not like it's very hard to do this (see the other topic regarding this EXACT same thing.)
it should be smth different (at least the german version) cause someone reported, he had problems playing through the prologue since he got some Errors.
I didnt get any Errors when playing a hacked rom with renamed folders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway