Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Available for Free from March 3rd-5th with Xbox LIVE Gold

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by Ericzander, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Ericzander
    OP

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    [​IMG]
    Dragon Ball fans rejoice! Starting right now through the end of Sunday Xbox Live Gold members can download and play the full version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for free.

You can download the game now in the Gold Member area on the Xbox Live Marketplace and play it right away. The game is also on sale for a limited time for those who wish to buy the game to retain all of your progress and achievements. Enjoy your fighting!

:arrow: Source

Prans likes this.
  2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I don't understand. Can you play it only those 3 days for free if you're a gold member or do they gift it to you forever to keep if you decide to download it during those 3 days? If that's the case, why do they offer limited discounts?

3. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    the case is usually keep

this really isn't news. shit like this happens on xbox live all the time. not really special for those who don't have gold

4. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    only play, not keep

5. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    So it's like a 2 days trial with progress saved, not bad but i wonder why psn doesn't have this and i wonder if i made a mistake not buying xbox 1.

6. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    So is not keep it I will pass, I don't want to rent digital games like PSN is only with you the time you pay for it. I really don't know why people keep falling in this.

7. Ericzander
    OP

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    It's free to play for those 3 days, but all of your progress carries over if you do decide to purchase the game at a later date. But for 3 days you have the entire game to play.
    The beauty of posting news for an independent gaming community like GBAtemp is that we get to put out whatever gaming news we want. While I doubt the majority of tempers own an Xbox One, many of them do and I'd reckon there are a bunch of DBZ fans. So while it may not appeal to everybody, it will to enough to warrant sharing it. And yes, it's not special at all to people who don't have Gold because, well, it's only for Gold members.
    PSN does do things like this sometimes, but it's no surprise that Microsoft does it more and usually with bigger titles. Each service has its pros and cons. I wouldn't regret my decision too much if I were you!
    I agree with your last point. People should really stop downloading temporary free games or else the big bad gaming corporations may start having MORE free weekends alongside 40% off sales!

Saiyan Lusitano, Ra1d and Chary like this.
  8. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Wow that's nice. Wonder why steam doesn't do this more often

9. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    :huh: Steam has a ton of free weekends and pretty frequently as well.

Just this year we have had

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
    SUNLESS SEA
    NBA 2K17
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege

All having a free weekend and sale on the game.

December had 4 games all having a free weekend and sale.

Quickly skimming the announcements, it seems like there was a free weekend for at least one game in every month in 2016.

Last edited by Armadillo, Mar 4, 2017
  10. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    But they do? steam has free weekends for shit constantly.
    Derp, armadillo already said so.

11. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    batlefield 1 too

12. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    PSN has had timed trials of Full games since the PS3 ...wtf you on about ??

13. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I love free play days, you could beat the game if you wanted to. I did that with Halo 5.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Except it's 3 hours and not 3 days.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Falling for what? I beat halo 5 for free, found out I didn't like it and never bought it, which I was considering. This actually made me save money and allows me to decide how much I think the game is worth.

14. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Yeah battlefield 1 is also free to play for the weekend will try this one out.:gun:

15. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This is a good incentive for Xbox gamers who're on the fence about "should I, should I not?" as to whether XV2 is worth it or not. I personally don't know how good XV2 is because from what I've seen (see and play are completely different, I know) it seems like XV 1.5 which isn't a huge upgrade. Plan on getting it for the Switch anyway.

It'd be cool if Bandai re-released Extreme Butoden for the Switch as a physical release too (it'd feel nostalgic to the SNES era Butoden games). :)

16. lgnmcrules

lgnmcrules GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Is Perfect Cell and the now non-cannon GT characters in this game?

17. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Mr. Egotistical and some of the characters from the Grand Tour are in XV2, yes.

18. jahrs

jahrs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Just a heads up im still playing for free some how guess if you dont turn off the xbox or exit the game it still lets you play till you do so. Which i say is great cause i like the game but ive sorta punched out enough people ingame to not feel the urge to buy it.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.