Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Available for Free from March 3rd-5th with Xbox LIVE Gold

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-beta-review-pretty-much-the-same-with-xenoverse-1.jpg

Dragon Ball fans rejoice! Starting right now through the end of Sunday Xbox Live Gold members can download and play the full version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for free.

Xbox Wire said:
“Starting at 9:00 AM PST on Friday, March 3 and running to 11:59 PM PST Sunday, March 5, Xbox Live Gold members can play Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for free. As part of this event, the standard edition of the game will be 40% off, and the deluxe edition will be 25% off on the Xbox Store during this limited time. Make sure you pick up the game at this discounted price to continue your adventures. Or if you decide to buy it later, your Achievements and progress will be saved and waiting for you when you return to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2."

You can download the game now in the Gold Member area on the Xbox Live Marketplace and play it right away. The game is also on sale for a limited time for those who wish to buy the game to retain all of your progress and achievements. Enjoy your fighting!

:arrow: Source

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't understand. Can you play it only those 3 days for free if you're a gold member or do they gift it to you forever to keep if you decide to download it during those 3 days? If that's the case, why do they offer limited discounts?

D

Deleted User

I don't understand. Can you play it only those 3 days for free if you're a gold member or do they gift it to you forever to keep if you decide to download it during those 3 days? If that's the case, why do they offer limited discounts?
the case is usually keep

this really isn't news. shit like this happens on xbox live all the time. not really special for those who don't have gold

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So it's like a 2 days trial with progress saved, not bad but i wonder why psn doesn't have this and i wonder if i made a mistake not buying xbox 1.

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So is not keep it I will pass, I don't want to rent digital games like PSN is only with you the time you pay for it. I really don't know why people keep falling in this.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
It's free to play for those 3 days, but all of your progress carries over if you do decide to purchase the game at a later date. But for 3 days you have the entire game to play.
this really isn't news. shit like this happens on xbox live all the time. not really special for those who don't have gold
The beauty of posting news for an independent gaming community like GBAtemp is that we get to put out whatever gaming news we want. While I doubt the majority of tempers own an Xbox One, many of them do and I'd reckon there are a bunch of DBZ fans. So while it may not appeal to everybody, it will to enough to warrant sharing it. And yes, it's not special at all to people who don't have Gold because, well, it's only for Gold members.
So it's like a 2 days trial with progress saved, not bad but i wonder why psn doesn't have this and i wonder if i made a mistake not buying xbox 1.
PSN does do things like this sometimes, but it's no surprise that Microsoft does it more and usually with bigger titles. Each service has its pros and cons. I wouldn't regret my decision too much if I were you!
So is not keep it I will pass, I don't want to rent digital games like PSN is only with you the time you pay for it. I really don't know why people keep falling in this.
I agree with your last point. People should really stop downloading temporary free games or else the big bad gaming corporations may start having MORE free weekends alongside 40% off sales!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:huh: Steam has a ton of free weekends and pretty frequently as well.

Just this year we have had

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
SUNLESS SEA
NBA 2K17
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege

All having a free weekend and sale on the game.

December had 4 games all having a free weekend and sale.

Quickly skimming the announcements, it seems like there was a free weekend for at least one game in every month in 2016.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I love free play days, you could beat the game if you wanted to. I did that with Halo 5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PSN has had timed trials of Full games since the PS3 ...wtf you on about ??
Except it's 3 hours and not 3 days.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Falling for what? I beat halo 5 for free, found out I didn't like it and never bought it, which I was considering. This actually made me save money and allows me to decide how much I think the game is worth.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

This is a good incentive for Xbox gamers who're on the fence about "should I, should I not?" as to whether XV2 is worth it or not. I personally don't know how good XV2 is because from what I've seen (see and play are completely different, I know) it seems like XV 1.5 which isn't a huge upgrade. Plan on getting it for the Switch anyway.

It'd be cool if Bandai re-released Extreme Butoden for the Switch as a physical release too (it'd feel nostalgic to the SNES era Butoden games). :)

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up im still playing for free some how guess if you dont turn off the xbox or exit the game it still lets you play till you do so. Which i say is great cause i like the game but ive sorta punched out enough people ingame to not feel the urge to buy it.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)