'Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero' gameplay detailed in new trailer

dragon ball sparking zero.jpg

Ahead of its launch later this year, Bandai Namco has provided new details about Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero in a new Gameplay Showcase trailer, featuring game producer Jun Furutani:

Some of the features detailed in the video include:
  • Episode Battle, the game's single player mode, allows players to choose between 8 characters and replay some key battles from Dragon Ball Z up until Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power. Cutscenes from these events can be experienced from a first-person point of view and alternative scenarios can play out.
  • In Custom Battle, players can create new scenarios of their own with characters of their choice.
  • The game will also feature an offline multiplayer mode.
Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero! will launch on October 11 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
i miss DBZ Budokai.
Simple 2D Fights (with 3D Models).

No Depth where you can Fly.
Limited Skill Tree because you need Capsules.
Damn, i loved the Capsules. It was so funny to find random and buy some with gold from the Tournament.

Can we get please an old school with new Characters, Graphic and Gameplay back, please?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i miss DBZ Budokai.
Simple 2D Fights (with 3D Models).

No Depth where you can Fly.
Limited Skill Tree because you need Capsules.
Damn, i loved the Capsules. It was so funny to find random and buy some with gold from the Tournament.

Can we get please an old school with new Characters, Graphic and Gameplay back, please?
No. This is the best format. But they are fking up badly. Even with unrealengine 5 and nanite etc. Not beingable to do splitscreen on all stages. They messed everything up by going full db super retard, which they should left out of it. Also, the game is not as fast as db tenkaichi 3. The destruction physics dont convey the dramatic nature of dbz. Transformations happen quicker then a fart and charachters look high fidelity, but soulless. The explosions being cell shaded is awfull and comical.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't help but laugh at the absence of proper local play

I'm not a huge DB fan, but I have a lot of friends who are and when we were kids they would play budokai locally, sometimes they still do
That's one of the games you think about when you say « local play », that's how it is.

That's just crazy to me how they could think about releasing such a game without proper local play in mind. That makes no fucking sense.
We knew that local play was dead since games like CoD and Halo (for example) dropped it a few gens ago. But when a fucking fighting game can't even have that, that means it's so dead that not even a necromancer could bring this back

salazarcosplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 why is it that we don't often get key battles from original dragonball

2 I wish we could get what if scenarios

3 I wish we could use our own character like Xenoverse

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. This is the best format. But they are fking up badly. Even with unrealengine 5 and nanite etc. Not beingable to do splitscreen on all stages. They messed everything up by going full db super retard, which they should left out of it. Also, the game is not as fast as db tenkaichi 3. The destruction physics dont convey the dramatic nature of dbz. Transformations happen quicker then a fart and charachters look high fidelity, but soulless. The explosions being cell shaded is awfull and comical.
Those would be valid criticisms except I didn't see any of that other than the cell shaded explosions. It's definitely not slower than Tenkaichi 3 (which I still play on the original hardware), there weren't any transormations that I saw (maybe you mistook the burst when they hit max power for a transformation?), and the 'destruction physics' look the same as they always have, just higher res...

The splitscreen thing is the one real problem, this isn't freakin' 1992 haha. Maybe this is why they aren't porting the new Gundam VS game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For @Flame