Dragon Ball Revenge of King Piccolo (backup help)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hack3r, Nov 5, 2009.

1. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    I cant get a backup of this game working on my softmodded wii. I'm on 3.2U and have cIOSCORP v3.4 installed. Before this game I had no trouble playing any other backups, and I know it's not a torrent issue because I've tried more than one torrent. Is anybody else having this problem?

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    use cIOSCorp 3.5

3. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    I googled that earlier and didn't see anything legit-looking, but now I've done it again and looked a little harder and I found it. Thanks for the info and I'll be sure to post back with the results

4. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    Unfortunately installing cIOS 3.5 didn't help any. I still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

5. Riicky

Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2009
    United States
    Reading,Pennsylvania
    what exactly is the problem? what happens when you attempt to load the game?

6. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    Well I wait for the picture to load in the disc channel screen of the menu, but nothing happens. When I click on the disc channel it says that it doesn't recognize the disc.

7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Have you tried anything other than cIOSCorp and the disc channel? Try a usb loader or NeoGamma and see if it works with either of those.

8. Jaz808

Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 21, 2003
    Melb Aus
    Ntsc version works on my Pal Wii via usb loader, will try the disc in the morning, but i would try neogamma loader if i was you

9. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    That's gods way of telling you to BUY THE GAME. If you 3.2ers would just upgrade to 4.2, CIOSCORPS, REV14, patched60 you'd be alllllll set. I haven't had a problem since i did my WII in March of 2009. Anyway, buy legit games, NAMCO deserves this one. It's a great game.

(plus it would be nice if you said what you got form the game, BLACK screen, GRN screen, text, etc,)

Wynd

10. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    The disc doesn't load, so there's nothing like that to report. The Disc Channel doesn't recognize it and the backup launcher I used just reports an error (DVD Read Error 324)

11. r9delta

r9delta Banned

Banned
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    Use the original or backup the original. If you don't have one then it's not really a backup now is it.

12. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    How sure are you that you
    1. don't have a bad burn?
    2. your Wii is (still) able to read backups?

13. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    I burned two different isos, both with the same results, and I've tested some of my other backups which still work fine. I really think this is more of a game issue, and by that I mean that this game implements something that blocks my current set up from working. I don't know how likely this is because I will forever be somewhat of a noob in this area, but that's why I'm here.

14. hack3r
    OP

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    So it turns out the problem is actually my laptop's DVD burner [​IMG] I tried burning the same iso on my friend's laptop and it worked, so that was kind of good and bad at the same time. Now I have a whole new problem to deal with....but thanks for all of your helpful suggestions everyone!