Hacking Dragon Ball Revenge of King Piccolo (backup help)

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get a backup of this game working on my softmodded wii. I'm on 3.2U and have cIOSCORP v3.4 installed. Before this game I had no trouble playing any other backups, and I know it's not a torrent issue because I've tried more than one torrent. Is anybody else having this problem?

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I googled that earlier and didn't see anything legit-looking, but now I've done it again and looked a little harder and I found it. Thanks for the info and I'll be sure to post back with the results

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately installing cIOS 3.5 didn't help any. I still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wait for the picture to load in the disc channel screen of the menu, but nothing happens. When I click on the disc channel it says that it doesn't recognize the disc.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried anything other than cIOSCorp and the disc channel? Try a usb loader or NeoGamma and see if it works with either of those.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's gods way of telling you to BUY THE GAME. If you 3.2ers would just upgrade to 4.2, CIOSCORPS, REV14, patched60 you'd be alllllll set. I haven't had a problem since i did my WII in March of 2009. Anyway, buy legit games, NAMCO deserves this one. It's a great game.

(plus it would be nice if you said what you got form the game, BLACK screen, GRN screen, text, etc,)

Wynd

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Have you tried anything other than cIOSCorp and the disc channel? Try a usb loader or NeoGamma and see if it works with either of those.
Yeah, I also tried using Wiigator's Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3 gamma. I haven't used a backup launcher in a while so I'm not sure whether that one is outdated by now. Is NeoGamma more updated than that? Also, I've never tried a usb loader because I don't have any kind of jump/hardrive big enough to make it worth the effort, so let's stick to backup loading methods

QUOTE(wyndcrosser @ Nov 5 2009, 09:14 AM) (plus it would be nice if you said what you got form the game, BLACK screen, GRN screen, text, etc,)

The disc doesn't load, so there's nothing like that to report. The Disc Channel doesn't recognize it and the backup launcher I used just reports an error (DVD Read Error 324)

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
How sure are you that you
1. don't have a bad burn?
2. your Wii is (still) able to read backups?

I burned two different isos, both with the same results, and I've tested some of my other backups which still work fine. I really think this is more of a game issue, and by that I mean that this game implements something that blocks my current set up from working. I don't know how likely this is because I will forever be somewhat of a noob in this area, but that's why I'm here.

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it turns out the problem is actually my laptop's DVD burner
frown.gif
I tried burning the same iso on my friend's laptop and it worked, so that was kind of good and bad at the same time. Now I have a whole new problem to deal with....but thanks for all of your helpful suggestions everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game