Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninovalenti said:
any 1 can make it?
Anyone can do it if they have a little experience with this kind of thing. B)

I'm flipping open my DS to see if there's any text-boxes that I could translate. I'll leave the dialogue up to Noitora and company.

EDIT: Not doing it right now, but I suppose I could like

edit the ATK/DEF/SPD stat balls or something when I have the time

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
What you guys weren't happy with getting the dragon ball movie? lmfao
No, because the movie didn't produce an JRPG with a bajillion hours of gameplay, only a dissapointingly mediocre fighter that is actually better than the movie >:{

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
What you guys weren't happy with getting the dragon ball movie? lmfao
No, because the movie didn't produce an JRPG with a bajillion hours of gameplay, only a dissapointingly mediocre fighter that is actually better than the movie >:{
I heard the director wanted to make 6 or so sequels...
I bet he just really hates Dragon Ball, IMHO they have nowhere to start from they screwed up the story so bad already the first movie was kind of half based on the last arc of the series lol

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only someone can change the battle music to play Rock The Dragon (the North American intro) every time, this would be in my top 10 games, haahah. I already mute the game and play it in the background, but it's just not the same.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
If only someone can change the battle music to play Rock The Dragon (the North American intro) every time, this would be in my top 10 games, haahah. I already mute the game and play it in the background, but it's just not the same.
Pshhh Cha-la Head Cha-La is 10 times better than rock the dragon.

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I wonder why this many people say it won't be localized. Dragon Ball is Dragon Ball and it doesn't have to be named Kai in states. Overall DB Kai is a little shorter DBZ...

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt dragon ball kai will come to the us and sadly that most likely means this game won't come either. If it does'nt then I definintley hope that someone works on a translation.

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the game is rather simple to play like a normal rpg. don't know most of the items and what the capsules do but it's still playable. if i ever get stuck, i check out the gamefaqs board. this is the first time i've actually finished a japanese game and an rpg no less.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess there's no translation project going on?

I tried this game yesterday and it's amazing! I hope there will be a US release.

jophilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DarthNemesis said:
Still don't think you can rule out a US release, but if people want to translate it, I'll insert the text.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rdK...CeQig&hl=en

Hi,
i pm'ed you but you must be busy...or you just don't want to explain another time !! Anyway, it doesn't matter, i can understand.
I want to ask you where can i found the items and capsules names in the rom ? I want to try to translate them with the help of gamefaq. Can you help me out ?
Thanks.

Jimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't there be enough translations to play the game with up on GameFAQs by now?

Regarding the game coming over, I don't see why not. Dragonball Kai is not an entirely new anime, it's not even a remake, it's just a remastered version of DBZ with a lot of the material cut out, done to capitalize on DBZ's continuing popularity by kicking off a 20th anniversary merchandising blitz. It's still the same show with the same story, and DBZ is probably at least as popular in the West as it is in Japan, so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't get brought over when all the OTHER DBZ videogames made during the last couple of years have been brought over? Even if you assume that Dragonball Kai the show won't be licensed (which is completely impossible to predict right now, as there's too many unknown factors such as what Japan will want to charge for licensing fees or how it relates to current licensing agreements or how much market penetration FUNi thinks they can get in these troubled times), that really doesn't have all that much bearing on whether the game'll be brought over. And given that the market for DBZ games is apparently pretty good, I'd say there's a fair chance.

In either case, though, it's not nearly clear enough to justify a bunch of people charging in here and stating flatly that it will or won't be brought over as if they were 100% certain and backed by official announcements saying as much. There's a pretty good possibility, though, which should be enough to get people to think twice about fan translating the thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1