Draglade 2 translation project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kosheh, Mar 27, 2009.

1. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Hmm about the Character names i think they are graphics too or they are using a custom font because i found the name (script_data_596.bin.lz77) but after changing they are not showed in the select screen.
    Anyway the "Story" Text starts in script_data_596.bin.lz77 but it seems that it will need to change the font width too because there is to much space between the characters.

[​IMG]

Another thing is that i found uncompressed text in tutorial.bin (starts at adress 0x3E10)

2. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    I hope this gets finished, Draglade was one of the best NDS games around!

3. kosheh
    OP

kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    Augh, I'm so slow, I'm sorry guys. I have a research project for school I'm working on, a midterm coming up and my interest in working on this has been waning this weekend. No doubt I'll keep working on it - it's just that the work entailed is rather redundant. [​IMG]

Anyway, I'll be uploading a patch in a few seconds.

Link to version .01 of the patch.
    How to use: Unzip into folder with Draglade 2 and click on patcher.bat.
    WHAT WOW

What's translated:

Battle Mode (renamed VS Mode...I think I'll probably name it back) pause menu
    Main Menu, VS Mode submenus and Information submenu headers. I didn't translate one menu because I wasn't sure what it did. It's "Clear Save Data" but since I said I'd have the patch posted by sunday, yeah. :<
    Dragon Sequencer 2.0 main screen is translated.

Known bugs:
    "Deck Maker" and "Grap 101" in main menu sometimes have random symbols around them. When replacing the tiles...somehow, those appear

4. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    My Tablet
    Thanks 4 ur hardwork, keep working on this plz for all of us who love Custom Beat Battle Draglade.

and again thank you very much!

5. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    Woah dude, awesome! I'm gonna try it out, even if it's not translated completely heh. I'm probably going to wait for the whole translation to play the game (even if it takes forever [​IMG]), but it's cool to be able to do a battle mode, eh~

6. kosheh
    OP

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, I keep trying to substitute names into the game [and writing the names in Unicode], but when I recompile it, Story mode crashes on me after the intro. >_>;

ffff

7. Gundam Eclipse

Gundam Eclipse True Demon Route

Sep 23, 2008
    India
    Vortex World
    @kosheh Just a suggestion, because i practically know nothing of translating...
    anyways, the suggestion is that maybe you should translate the STORY only if its good, and worth the effort. Of course, its your choice....
    D-don't kill meh for the suggestion D:!!

8. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    That was the bug in the first program. When packing, there was a problem with the pointer table not adding the header size to each pointer, so the pointers pointed to the wrong direction.
    Make sure you select the main file (The file you used to unpack) when packing. Then all of the edited files will rewrite the existing file.
    Also, the new version automatically unpacks the files and decompresses the ones that are lz77 compressed.
    These decompressed file will have a .lz77 as the extension. When repacking, these lz77 files will recompress automatically, so you do not need to worry about the lz77 compressions anymore. Just a little bonus I put in [​IMG]

9. CHK991

CHK991 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2008
    Iceland
    Oh god , you people are made of win.
    if this gets a 100 % translation , i whouldn't mind having sex with you .(and im not gay)
    (thet was a joke , do not take it seriously ,hehe)
    Really good work !

10. Theraima

Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Jan 4, 2009
    Finland
    Clouds
    Dude take your time, there's no need to rush. Just keep working on it as you like, was it fast or slow. Make sure that you finish that one, but still no need to rush, take your time [​IMG]

11. Sanderino

Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Sep 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    the Netherlands
    I'm playing Draglade (1) again. It now kinda remind me of beyblades .. But it's fun otugh. I think I'm going to download the patch when everything is translated.

12. kosheh
    OP

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    Augh. D:

I compiled one of the compressed files, and uh

So I just finished translating a couple dozen bullets, and they work fine in battles and everything - versus mode, whatever. I go to Story Mode just to see if everything works fine.

I go through the door of one of the Grap Stadiums. The game crashes.

Any chances I make to script_data initially works, but crashes when I enter story mode.
    I think I'm doing this wrong, as now I cannot edit the script no way no how. D:

13. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    How exactly do you use the patch :wtf:, i have an un-trimmed, freshly downloaded Draglade 2, and whenever i click patcher.bat, it gives me a 0 kb patched file named cvn-dg2(Patched).nds

14. Kreatur84

Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    i`ve got same problem

15. kosheh
    OP

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    um

well, make sure the file in the same folder's called cvn-dg2.nds once you click it - and make sure everything's in the same folder (xdelta, draglade 2 and patch)

If that doesn't work, try

1) changing the batch file, and change the names to your liking - maybe you need to remove the spaces in the filenames? i dunno lol
    2) doing it the old-fashioned way. command-prompt your way into the folder and try "xdelta patch cvn-dg2.nds patch.XD new.nds" or whatever. For some reason i can't remember the command off the top of my head

16. Kreatur84

Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    no doesn`t work.
    maybe an error with upload?

17. Gundam Eclipse

Gundam Eclipse True Demon Route

Sep 23, 2008
    India
    Vortex World
    All you have to do is change your rom filename to cvn-dg2.nds then start up patcher.bat
    It should generate a patched cvn-dg2 nds file after that. So, if you need to do so, change that file name then transfer it to yer flashcarts.

18. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    Is the the size of the patched rom 64mb or should it be what it is when you trim the original rom.

19. Kreatur84

Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    ok thx worked

20. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    i have no time 2 patch a game so can some1 upload me the game so the only thing i have 2 do is put it on my r4 & start playing it. can u pm me the link please.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted