Dr Kawashima's Brain Training is heading to the West for the Nintendo Switch

brain age.JPG
Last week we reported about a new Brain Age/Brain Training title for the Nintendo Switch that will release this December in Japan and today the Big N broke the news about the game's Western localization! Titled Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (presumably for the European market as the news comes from Nintendo UK), this new entry will feature classic exercises which make use of the Switch's touchscreen and new exercises which use of the right Joy-Con’s IR Motion Camera. As with the Japanese version, the stylus is making a comeback and will be included with the packaged version from retail stores.

Some of the exercises announced by Nintendo include:
  • Finger Calculations: Solve math problems using your fingers. Even if you know the answer in your head, you’ll need to react quickly!
  • Rock, Paper, Scissors: Try to win – and lose – using your fingers in rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
  • Word Scramble: Combine letters to form words.
  • Photographic Memory: Remember the photo previously displayed.
  • Dual Task: Leap over hurdles while choosing the biggest number.
Players will also be able to challenge friends and family, with one Joy-Con each, to select kinds of training, including:
  • Birdwatching: Compete to count birds the fastest.
  • Box Counting: Compete to try and remember the number of boxes.
There will also be online rankings and regular World Brain Training Championships planned.

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training is slated for a January 3rd, 2020 release.

:arrow: SOURCE

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't played any brain training games since the DS game. I considered playing it again the other day just to do some sudoku puzzles, but the last time I did that, it asked me what I had for breakfast 6 years ago. Dr Kawashima, my brain's good, but it ain't that good.
Start writing a breakfast diary for the switch 2 Dr kawashima game:D

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ain't those proved to be pretty much useless for your IQ?

I think the goal is for you to exercise your brain so you're alert and can think as logically as you can. I don't think its goal is to affect your IQ. It would be good if it does, but it's not advertised to raise your IQ.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think the goal is for you to exercise your brain so you're alert and can think as logically as you can. I don't think its goal is to affect your IQ. It would be good if it does, but it's not advertised to raise your IQ.
It's basically to exercise your cognitive skills. It won't make you smarter.

I like theses games. I bought the DS one, I'll surely get this one if the price isn't retarded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1