DQIX help: Game freezes a Wight Knight

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by large_number, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010
  1. large_number
    OP

Newcomer large_number Newbie

I'm using an R4 with the latest DSTT firmware etc, and a clean rom.
    However, whenever I get to the cutscene with the wight knight the game freezes after he jumps down the hill.
    I made sure I didn't have any cheats on and have tried this with varying amounts of party members.

2. allpoison

Newcomer allpoison Newbie

United States
    This is the anti-piracy thingy that prevents pirates from playing, i beleive. Look for Xenom's cracked rom, it bypasses that. Howwever, you have to start a new file from there

3. omarrrio

Member omarrrio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Morocco
    don't get the xenom version it dosen't load the saves trust me + imat the same problem

4. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As long as you name the .sav file the same thing as your Xenom game, it will work.

You are using the Bahumut release, I assume? A friend of mine on another forum ran into the same problem. This is what he did:

1. Obtain the Xenom release.
    2. Backup save file from your card
    3. Delete Bahumut release from your card.
    4. Place Xenom release on your card.
    5. Rename your Xenom release ROM to the same name as your Bahumut Save file.

You should be able to pass the Wight Knight and shouldn't run into any more problems. He was using an Acekard 2.i and a DSi firmware 1.4 with AKAIO 1.7, but it should work (as the principle is the same - as long as the internal game name is the same and the .sav files are the same name, the .sav files will work.)

5. omarrrio

Member omarrrio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Morocco
    i hope it works, thnx

6. Rogue_Ninja

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I switched from another version to the XENOM one and just renamed the save and i didnt lose anything. I am using the new DSTT info that Pong and company put out.