Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redfalcon said:
Any advices how to spend the skill points? Can you re-assign them later?

Nope, once you confirm the skill points, they're assigned permanently. As for how to spend them, that depends on how you want to build your individual party members. Maxing out the shield skill, though, is generally a good idea, regardless of the vocation you plan to stick with.

1stsinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the Yellow Circles and Red Triangles on the world map?

And I still cant find the entrance to Rock Crevasse of Glee....dont you get any other tips besides the map itself?

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GeekyGuy said:
redfalcon said:
Any advices how to spend the skill points? Can you re-assign them later?

Nope, once you confirm the skill points, they're assigned permanently. As for how to spend them, that depends on how you want to build your individual party members. Maxing out the shield skill, though, is generally a good idea, regardless of the vocation you plan to stick with.

So far my Hero (Ministrel) has all his points in Sword Skill, my Warrior some in Sword, some in Shields. My Priest and my Mage have the first spear/wand-ability and the rest in their specializations (the one at the bottom). I just don't want to completely mess up my chars, thats why I'm asking.
So my warrior is going to be the tank I guess, my priest will stay the healer and my mage will do the damage. Don't know to what class I will change my hero yet.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
ok i just beat the game i think
a fygg fell from the sky and said to be continued does this mean Dragon Quest X will continue off from this game or is there still more that i can do because i know there are still places i havent been to

If you did quest 39 you can use the starflight express to travel anywhere on the map,if you didn't do that quest head to Porth Llafan (or whatever its called,the one where you met the pink haired girl) and do her quest,as for post game content from what i've been reading theres little to nothing to do unless you want to fill out monster and item logs or do treasure map runs.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1stsinn said:
What are the Yellow Circles and Red Triangles on the world map?

And I still cant find the entrance to Rock Crevasse of Glee....dont you get any other tips besides the map itself?

I believe the red triangles represent dungeons, and the yellow circles represent souls you've helped. The yellow circles are the benevolessence emanating from their souls. This will become clear at the very end of the game.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just beat the boss at gleeba with 2 team mates. I had all for but he used this attack that OHKOed two of my team mates. So I pretty much beat him with a lvl 25mage knight and lvl 20paladin...

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips for beating
Goresby-Purrvis? I'm mid 30s. Should I level up some more?

Also, any good places to grind at my level?

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
appledrank said:
Any tips for beating

Well I find Woormwood Creek is a good place to grind levels at near the thirties

also where can i find respawn location for green moss?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
appledrank said:
Any tips for beating

That boss does all physical damage, and he manages crits often. If you have defensive buffs, that's the boss to use them with. Mid-thirties doesn't sound too low, but you can level up a bit in the Bowhole dungeon. If you place your party in the corner by the stairwell leading from B3 down to B4, you can farm liquid metal slimes all the live long day.

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
appledrank said:
Any tips for beating

That boss does all physical damage, and he manages crits often. If you have defensive buffs, that's the boss to use them with. Mid-thirties doesn't sound too low, but you can level up a bit in the Bowhole dungeon. If you place your party in the corner by the stairwell leading from B3 down to B4, you can farm liquid metal slimes all the live long day.

I've tried that. But I can never manage to kill them before they run -___-

Duero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
h0ser81 said:
Duero said:
I wanna ak how the heck to I get party members ?? only online ??

You create them at the Quester's Rest Inn at Stornway. I believe you talk to the girl named Patty.

......yay beaten allot the bosses with only my main and I can create party members there ><

Thanks mate

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
appledrank said:
GeekyGuy said:

Yeah, regardless of what DQ game you play, farming metal slimes of any sort requires patience. They have the highest evasion and defense in the game, and they're programmed to flee often. The pay-off, however, is quite obvious...and very worthwhile.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GeekyGuy said:
appledrank said:
GeekyGuy said:

Yeah, regardless of what DQ game you play, farming metal slimes of any sort requires patience. They have the highest evasion and defense in the game, and they're programmed to flee often. The pay-off, however, is quite obvious...and very worthwhile.

have no problem with metal slimes one of my characters knows metal slime (hits 1-2), and my paladin almost always hit. Also if you got crit up then you have more chances of hitting it. Also if you have a mage or someone that knows accelerate use that.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent a whole day of playing/training legitmate with my friends.

Next time I went over I was prepared with .scc cheat file for my supercard ds one because I was behind.

I used infinite gold in hand, x64 exp multipler, and 1 skill point into a skill maxes them all.

Amazingly, my x64 exp multipler cheat extended to my friend playing on the real cartridge in his world. So we hit level 99 on aramentalist and gladiator pretty quickly.

Then we beat the final boss in 3 turns.

Game is a lot of fun, but more fun IMO when you cheat instead of grinding.

My friends say they don't like cheating in games, but asked where I left my cheat files on their computer after I left LOL!!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:

There's luck involved, but I've had some success by just repeating metal slash, aceleratle, war cry, snooze over and over again. Killed about 10 metal slimes and 2 metal slime stacks (for 3000 exp
blink.gif
) that way.

yzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
I spent a whole day of playing/training legitmate with my friends.

Next time I went over I was prepared with .scc cheat file for my supercard ds one because I was behind.

I used infinite gold in hand, x64 exp multipler, and 1 skill point into a skill maxes them all.

Amazingly, my x64 exp multipler cheat extended to my friend playing on the real cartridge in his world. So we hit level 99 on aramentalist and gladiator pretty quickly.

Then we beat the final boss in 3 turns.

Game is a lot of fun, but more fun IMO when you cheat instead of grinding.

My friends say they don't like cheating in games, but asked where I left my cheat files on their computer after I left LOL!!

lol...you are so awesome!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For metal slime farming, it best not to focus on Swords. They are great for early metal slime leveling, but late game leveling with liquid metal slimes and metal king slimes, you'll want to focus on skills that give you 50/50 chance of critical hits (axes, spears).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.