Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I downloaded an iso game that came in parts like 1-35. They are all rar files now, but what do I have to do now to get the actual iso? I have winrar.
Thanks in advance

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Josh192 said:
I feel bad for the next couple of posts you are going to get
uh oh am i gonna get spanked?
unsure.gif

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
GOOGLE

It's called Winrar. Hell I thought even Winzip managed .rar files. Do research before asking for help. ONLY ask for help here if you've looked and can't find an answer.
I have looked on google and searched for it here, but it hasnt come up with any any results.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Murphy2122 @ Jul 2 2009, 04:53 PM) open any rar and extract the iso inside, it will all come out.
thanks

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Either right click on the file that ends with ".rar" or ".r00" and choose winrar to extract it. It should extract to an ISO file.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
You search "Winrar" in Google and guess what the first link is?

http://www.rarlab.com/

THE OFFICIAL WINRAR WEBSITE! I NEVER WOULD'VE GUESSED! There you can download Winrar. And you'd be surprised what Winrar can do (spolier alert: it opens .rar files).
CHILL OUT
MY PROBLEM WASNT THAT I HAVENT GOT WINRAR, READ MY FIRST POST I SAID I HAVE WINRAR. I WAS WONDERING WHAT TO DO TO GET THE ISO FILE

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry boss they are right to flame you. Heck, RAR has been around since DOS days and back then you actually had to type things and not just click and extract.

Alot of isos have problems extracting sometimes, so you may need to have winrar or power archiver even though they both extract files.

There are three options fordownloading anything.

NOTE: when you installed POWERARHIVER or WINRAR if you didn't select what items these programs can detect then the options seen after right clicking won't show up.

WINRAR
AFter installing WINRAR you can just right click on the .001 file or the .rar file and select extract to or some variation of that. that will extract your file into an iso, etc.

POWER ARCHIVE (mostly for .7z or if winrar doesn't make it)
AFter installing a demo/trial version or the legit version you can just right click on the .001 file or the .rar file and select extract to or some variation of that. that will extract your file into an iso, etc.

HJSPLIT
IF the files are... like HKmovie.iso.001 without any .rar files in the folder you downloaded to., then they might be split (this is only if winrar doesn't make an iso after extracting). USe HJsplit to combine all the files to make your games, software or movie.

Now I can laugh at you but ya know we all start some where.

Wynd

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
Sorry boss they are right to flame you. Heck, RAR has been around since DOS days and back then you actually had to type things and not just click and extract.

Alot of isos have problems extracting sometimes, so you may need to have winrar or power archiver even though they both extract files.

There are three options fordownloading anything.

NOTE: when you installed POWERARHIVER or WINRAR if you didn't select what items these programs can detect then the options seen after right clicking won't show up.

WINRAR
AFter installing WINRAR you can just right click on the .001 file or the .rar file and select extract to or some variation of that. that will extract your file into an iso, etc.

POWER ARCHIVE (mostly for .7z or if winrar doesn't make it)
AFter installing a demo/trial version or the legit version you can just right click on the .001 file or the .rar file and select extract to or some variation of that. that will extract your file into an iso, etc.

HJSPLIT
IF the files are... like HKmovie.iso.001 without any .rar files in the folder you downloaded to., then they might be split (this is only if winrar doesn't make an iso after extracting). USe HJsplit to combine all the files to make your games, software or movie.

Now I can laugh at you but ya know we all start some where.

Wynd
Okay, I have winrar. There are 39 parts all rar files all together. I right clicked and exracted the first rar file - SMG.part01. I ended up with a fie - SUPER MARIO GALAXY.rar, another rar file and no iso...

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling we will see a post from you soon titled "bricked wii please help!!" if you cant even figure out how to unrar something. If you googled how rar files work then you should have NO problem figuring out how to unrar something.....

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
homelessbrian said:
I have a feeling we will see a post from you soon titled "bricked wii please help!!" if you cant even figure out how to unrar something. If you googled how rar files work then you should have NO problem figuring out how to unrar something.....
I know how to unrar something, thats not the problem... When I unrar i do not get the iso file

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
homelessbrian said:
I know how to unrar something, thats not the problem... When I unrar i do not get the iso file

Right you said when you unrared you got another rar file. soooooo by the looks of it the release group put the iso inside an rar inside of separated rars. Now what do you think you would need to do with the NEW rar files extracted from yer first set of rars

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
homelessbrian said:
bik75 said:
homelessbrian said:

Right you said when you unrared you got another rar file. soooooo by the looks of it the release group put the iso inside an rar inside or seperated rars. Now what do you think you would need to do with the NEW rar files extracted from yer first set of rars
tell me then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.