Downloaded and installed "(Trial to Full)" game shows up as "Trial" on XMB

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I downloaded and installed a "(Trial to Full)" game and it appears as "- Trial" on XMB. Will the game expire after some time and I won't be able to play it? If so, how can it be known how long it will last?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cant talk in details about piracy, but if you installed something and it is saying trial on the xmb, load the game at least once to activate and the game title will reflect that when you quit the game. The xmb is not updated immediately unless you are addind content.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cant talk in details about piracy, but if you installed something and it is saying trial on the xmb, load the game at least once to activate and the game title will reflect that when you quit the game. The xmb is not updated immediately unless you are addind content.

I just found out this game also appears as "- Trial" if downloaded and installed from the PSN (I also bought this game), which is odd. This didn't happen with other games I downloaded and installed from there (so, that I also bought).

Also, after loading it and returning to XMB, the game title remains the same ("- Trial").

EDIT: I found an Unlock Key (in PKG format) and after downloading and installing it, loading the game and returning to XMB, "- Trial" no longer appears. I don't get why I have to load the game and return to XMB after installing the Unlock Key since the XMB is updated after adding content.

EDIT 2: I found a download regarding the game on my "Download List" which must be the Unlock Key since after downloading and installing it and then downloading and installing the game (and vice-versa, I presume), "- Trial" doesn't appear on the XMB (I don't even have to load the game and return to XMB for it to not appear). It seems I was forgetting to download and install the former. I guess when buying this game on the PS Store both downloads are made and installed and so the game already appear on XMB without "- Trial". If downloading and installing this game from the "Download List", the other download (which must be the Unlock Key) also has to be manually made.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: