Homebrew [Download] SEEDconv - seeddb.bin generator for use with Decrypt9

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been out of the loop for a while and missed the whole new crypto stuff.
The seed crypto list includes several retail games; at first I thought it was only related to preloading eShop games but apparently not.
So what role does it play in decrypting retail ROMs exactly?

"The SEEDDB savedata contains the title-unique seed-data used for the new NCCH keyY generation added with FIRM 9.6.0-X."
How does the 3DS get to know about the title-unique seed data? Is it updated regularly from the eShop? Is it written to seeddb when inserting a cartridge? I don't get it right now, sorry lol

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cartridge games use seed crypto only eshop games. The pastebin list from the first page has a mix of all sorts of games.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about p&d z eshop. But it probably has seed crypto on the eshop version.The cartridge has no new crypto.

If all of the games on the list have an eshop version they probably use the seed crypto.

Last edited by key1340,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, a small update, but all you seed collectors may be pretty happy about it. I changed the code so that merging existing seeddb.bin files is now possible.

This means: you can now also drag and drop seeddb.bin (must NOT be called 'seeddb.bin', rename first!) files. They will automagically be recognized and the unique seeds will be added to the newly generated seeddb.bin file.

Get it, as usual, from my release page.

Last edited by d0k3,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The seeddb.bin file is unique per game, or per console ?
This file can be used on my own n3ds for all my games ?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The seeddb.bin file is unique per game, or per console ?
This file can be used on my own n3ds for all my games ?
It's unique per game. You can use it for all seed encrypted games, but it will obviously only work if it has the seed for the specific game.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How does the program when several games with this cryptoseed are present on the 3DS ?
Will I find all my keys in the seeddb.bin ?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How does the program when several games with this cryptoseed are present on the 3DS ?
Will I find all my keys in the seeddb.bin ?
The seeddb.bin contains seeds for multiple games. SEEDconv is basically a tool to collect seeds.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The seeddb.bin contains seeds for multiple games. SEEDconv is basically a tool to collect seeds.
Yes, but can it find several seeds from a single file 0000000 ?
After several tests, my seeddb.bin appears to have only one key that decrypt9 does not accept ...?

edit:

I've got a N3DS with a hardmod and I must reinject my 'clean' 9.9NAND (without game) then re-download the game from the eshop to obtain a good seeddb.bin...
I must restart all the process for each game... There is something i'm doing wrong or it's normal ?

Last edited by FONZD,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, but can it find several seeds from a single file 0000000 ?
After several tests, my seeddb.bin appears to have only one key that decrypt9 does not accept ...?

edit:

I've got a N3DS with a hardmod and I must reinject my 'clean' 9.9NAND (without game) then re-download the game from the eshop to obtain a good seeddb.bin...
I must restart all the process for each game... There is something i'm doing wrong or it's normal ?
Yes, a single 00000000 file may contain multiple seeds, and seeds are unique per game, not per Nintendo ID, not per console. As to what happens with your console / seeds - no idea, but I hope someone has a good answer for you.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
(forgive me...)

edit:
Big MISTAKE!! the first time i try to decrypt it, decrypt9 tells me "error seeddb.bin" but at second try well working... I had to reverse ncchinfo... I go ...

Last edited by FONZD,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
How about patches like SSB 1.10, Fire Emblem if 1.1, Isaac 1.1?
I assumed they're also having SEED crypto since installing them below 9.6 causes the game freezing.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(forgive me...)

edit:
Big MISTAKE!! the first time i try to decrypt it, decrypt9 tells me "error seeddb.bin" but at second try well working... I had to reverse ncchinfo... I go ...
What do you mean by reversing ncchinfo.bin? By the way, you know you can decrypt SEED encrypted titles with the title decryptor (included in my WIP version of Decrypt9, still needs seeddb.bin), too?
How about patches like SSB 1.10, Fire Emblem if 1.1, Isaac 1.1?
I assumed they're also having SEED crypto since installing them below 9.6 causes the game freezing.
I can only guess, but yes, I think patches also have SEED crypto. The seed should be the same as the original game, though.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
what if you have a completely updated 3ds? can you still get the nand/data/<console-unique>/sysdata/000000/ ? i have two hackable 3ds units and one updated 3ds, is it possible to get the stuff for seedconv to read on the latest firmware? @d0k3

Only if you've previously made the nand xorpad for that particular console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-