Hacking Download Play.. lets be honest.. no one uses it???

Evil-XYZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd use download and play alot, but I haven't gotten it to work once with my R4 on any game, Only tried it back in 1.08 though.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
well why don't you lot flash your ds's and put your card in the other ds so your flashed ds is recieving ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????..eh?

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to use it when the DS came out. When we all had DS phat's and SuperMario64:DS. I use to play that on download play.

Once in a while I use to play MKDS single card. Which is a kill because my friends are a koopa and im a snaking yoshi+egg.

jalapeno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
apb407 Posted Today, 12:22 PM
 i use it all the time or most of the time

tongue.gif
.... all the time?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well why don't you lot flash your ds's and put your card in the other ds so your flashed ds is recieving
Cause that doesn't help anymore with most Slot1 flashcarts !!!!!!!! (x2326)
Also I can imagine a lot of people don't wanting to risk bricking their ds just for download play and if you multiplay with three or more persons it doesn't help either if just one is flashed and one has a flashcart...

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't. I have actually tried to see if it would and it does not. This is going from an R4 loaded on an unflashed unit to a flashed unit. The results are the same. Also the loading time even with the retail carts is ridiculous as I had one where I let it sit for 10 minutes and it never finished.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must not have any friends, which is sad. I lived with a couple other people and most of us had DS, we had a blast thanks to download play. And when other friends would come over they'd have NDSs as well, let's just say... If you've never played 8 person Tetris... you're really missing something.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I am looking forward to this release.

BTW, I've noticed that it won't trim releases it doesn't recognize properly sometimes. On the most current version I found that Puzzle Planet DS wasn't trimming properly and left behind a 188 byte file on my flash card instead. A couple older ones though did start to trim properly and I think it was due to the database update I got.

NDSTokyo Trim however was able to trim the new game successfully. Then again it can't seem to do zip files properly right now. I just had it do a bunch of them and it choked on file 13 with an out of memory error although it went through them fine when they were extracted out up front. I've got 2GB and it was no where near out of memory.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have used Download Play on the road, but I never used it with flash cards. Can someone tell me which DS flash card has the best Download Play compatibility while being relatively affordable?

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use download play all the time, me and my family love to play download play games. Since right now we only have one flashcart, the cyclods evolution.

Omoikane1979,
the best flashcart for download play compatibility is the cyclods evolution for right now. Perhaps in the future the R4 or G6 Real will have better download play compatibility with future updates.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see why download play is difficult to achieve on a flashcart, but there are flashcarts out there that can sport almost perfect download play (G6 Real, CycloDS), so if it can be done, why not do it? It can be very handy in some situations and I think it is something flashcart makers should try to perfect.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use it when I was on the bus. Me and my friends would get Mario Kart out and since there was six of us we went into download play since you cant play 8 in multicart.

2 years ago me and my friends would also give out demos on the games that could (Polarium, Meteos) since we didn't know about flashcarts at that time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto