d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,

I went through the trouble of fixing and beautifying Diskwriters Setting.ini. This is mainly for myself, but maybe someone will have a use for it. As you may know, this file enables Diskwriter to display actual game names instead of cryptic image names in its lists. The one released by team SKY3DS has an ugly inconsistent naming scheme, doesn't recognize certain games and even got the release numbering wrong. See my earlier thread.

Example:
1121 - My_Life_On_A_Farm_3D_EUR_MULTi4_3DS-PUSSYCAT (name in original SKY3DS Setting.ini)
1329 - My Life On A Farm 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it) (Pussycat) (new, fixed name)
My Life On A Farm 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it) (new, fixed name without release number)

Sample from 0000 - Name (Region) (Languages) (Group) version:
Code:
[Setting]         
CTR-P-AGRPCF23    =0001 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Shadow Wars (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es) (Legacy)
CTR-P-ASMPCFDD    =0002 - Super Monkey Ball 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es) (Legacy)
CTR-P-ALGP8523    =0003 - LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es,da) (Legacy)
CTR-P-AQEP20CD    =0004 - The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es) (Legacy)
CTR-P-AREPCD13    =0005 - Super Mario 3D Land (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es,nl,pt,ru) (Legacy)

Sample from Name (Region) (Languages) version:
Code:
[Setting]         
CTR-P-AGRPCF23    =Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Shadow Wars (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es)
CTR-P-ASMPCFDD    =Super Monkey Ball 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es)
CTR-P-ALGP8523    =LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es,da)
CTR-P-AQEP20CD    =The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es)
CTR-P-AREPCD13    =Super Mario 3D Land (EUR) (en,fr,de,it,es,nl,pt,ru)

Download is below. Pick the naming scheme you prefer (with or without release numbers) and put the Setting.ini you prefer inside the Diskwriter folder. And, if team SKY3DS is reading along here, i wouldn't mind if you used this as a base ofr future Setting.ini releases ;).

Attachments

• DW_Setting.ini_by_d0k3_20150423.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 512

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad someone took notice of this. It peaked my interest when the new template was released with a SETTINGS.ini file.

Might want to take a look at that...

Reactions: d0k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks