Gaming No-Intro Datfiles not corresponding with games languages.

Mjfdms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game example No-Intro Datfiles:
<game name="Super Pokemon Rumble (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)">
<description>Super Pokemon Rumble (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)</description>
<game_id>0004000000066D00</game_id>
<rom name="Super Pokemon Rumble (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).3ds" size="536870912" crc="9F55BF1D" md5="9071449901DB6F0E617DE1DE7AE5602B" sha1="B84F3ADA9555469FF7B7C1490EBF336BB2BD8A8A" status="verified" serial="CTR-P-ACCP"/>

When i run this game in Citra emulator with system in japanese, the game has japanese language.
I want to know why No-Intro doesn't specify japanese language in the Datfiles, when it´s obvious that it is present.
What's the reason to just put european languages when there are others inside the rom?

Last edited by Mjfdms,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A reasonable argument could be that an European console doesn't allow you (officially) to select the Japanese language, and this physical game released in Europe cannot (officially) be played on other region's consoles (while the actual application may be region free, the rom also contains console updates which aren't, making the entire card region locked; the Louvre guides as well as some non-retail cards are the exceptions, due to not having update partitions at all)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Mjfdms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, if update partitions exists, with specific region system update, the rom region is then considered by the system update and not by the game itself?
Did i understand it right?

Now i know why CRC32 checks aren't the same between different regions.
Take the example of european Pókemon X with cart serial LNA-CTR-EKJP-EUR.
The rom itself, not the sticker, holds the following serial CTR-P-EKJA.
This rom serial is the same for all regions but the sticker is different and so is the CRC32 hash.
So i think you're argument is right, the update partition makes the CRC32 hash different even if the game itself is the same for all regions.

Last edited by Mjfdms,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Region-free game (like the mainline Pokemon games, and actually many major releases of the last years) + region-locked (can't be otherwise) update = region-locked rom, yep

And yes, even if that wasn't the initial discussion, the exact same game + (the exact same digital manual and exact same downloadplay distribution, if applicable) + a different update, if there is one (by the way there can be two, one for O3DS and one for N3DS) = different roms :)

No-Intro (and friends, like Good or Redump even if these two don't cover 3DS) generally care for the commercial release as a whole, not for just the game, game+manual+downloadplay, or even for "just only all contents" (ie trimmed roms); also, the region they enter in the names is a "commercial region" not directly related to any technical value (for example when a game is censored in Germany, there will be a German and an European version, according to no-intro standards)

Reactions: Mjfdms

Mjfdms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank u very much, was so confused how the game had a language not covered in No-Intro Datfiles.
They seem to archive info different way from GameTDB site where they list games as ALL regions or no region at all.

Last edited by Mjfdms,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +1